- Design and Development
- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
Being a pivotal role in the concept to production of a Dyson Designed Battery Cell puts the Energy Storage Development (ESD) team at the heart of this exciting journey. The Team will translate early concept directions into fully developed, optimised & validated solutions to make at high volume for the next generation of Dyson products.
About the role
This role forms key technical contribution of the Battery Cell Build from manual to semi-automated prototyping to meet ambitious new battery cell technology realisation for various product application.
A successful candidate will have technical skills to develop prototyping capability for new designed cells/core component and execute product-level prototyping with dimensional flexibility, high quality/throughput from development to mass production. Candidate will report to the ESD Application team.
- Be a key technical contributor of new designed cells and core components prototyping (e.g. separator, electrode, jelly roll) for cell technology development.
- Establish flexible and quality-controlled cell prototyping capability to meet Form, Fit & Function of the cells depending on product and battery pack application.
- Develop cells and components build procedures which conform to specification/requirement across ESD teams.
- Execute hands on prototyping, semi-auto equipment operation, job changes with buyoff and materials inventory in an efficient and safe manner with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure all safety and operation standards in cell build environment are constructed, documented and followed.
- Build strong relationships with internal departments, external suppliers, industry bodies within Energy Storage team.
- Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and documentation to ensure accurate information are capture, sharing and hand over to other teams where necessary.
- Take responsibility for cell recycling technology from the viewpoint of cell build to ensure circular economy for reducing the environmental impact.
Experience / Requirements:
- Experience or exposure of Energy Storage Cell technical or similar matters in Research, Development or Production environment.
- Working experience in prototyping and/or production manufacturing machines (e.g. fixture design, equipment buyoff and operation, data record/track/analysis, equipment job change/maintenance/calibration/modification)
- Knowledge of general equipment mechanical & electrical principles (e.g. mechanical assembly, servo motor, pneumatics, PLC, HMI operation etc.)
- Quality control (e.g. IQC, IPQC, OQC) experience and quality tools knowledge such as MSA (e.g. Gage R&R) and SPC (e.g. Cpk, Xbar-R)
- Good documentation skills to summarise and update Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Risk Assessment (RA), RFI/RFQ and technical reports.
- Self-starter with both good organisational and time management skills to work in a flexible and multi-task manner without losing focus.
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature.
- Must demonstrate a passion to work for Dyson.
- Appreciation of relevant battery technology and/or products across the industry.
- Understanding of battery cell manufacturing processes and techniques (e.g. mixing, coating, drying, casting, extruding, laminating, calendaring, electrodes stacking, ultrasonic/laser welding, sealing & degassing)
- When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project work transfer and engineering build support.
Qualifications / Professional Memberships:
- Educated to Degree level (engineering/scientific based)
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.