- Information Technology
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson began twenty-one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille and a hair dryer
There are over 6000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
We manufacture in Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore, this is the heart of operations for global distribution. We get to experience the launch of exciting new technologies straight from the manufacturing lines and are therefore a key contributor to a successful launch.
It is to make effective data-driven decisions part of the routine job for anyone working at Dyson
Reporting to the Global Supply Centre of Excellence lead, the Senior Application Developer
will work with business stakeholders in developing Kinaxis Rapid Response based solutions for addressing supply chain issues and improve supply chain planning process. You will be the subject matter expert who defines, implements and optimizes the Kinaxis solution. With a strong supply chain planning background, you can understand and translate the needs into substantial evolutions. The role includes communication and collaboration with remote teams, and involves challenging problem solving related tasks. You will work as part of the COE (Center of Excellence) team responsible for the governance, mastery and innovation of Supply Chain Planning platforms. Develop design approaches and recommendations to meet specific business requirements. Interact with business users to document enhancement requests and design solutions. Work with global business users on analysis business data and deriving business metrics and insights. Interact with Technical team to get highly complex enhancements developed. Test and confirm the enhancements. Interact with senior business and IT stakeholders in the client organization to provide updates, jointly resolve issues, etc. Interact with technical and data/IT team members to resolve issues in the solution. Help train business users in using the solutions and support them as required to execute the newly configured or developed KXS resources. You will help to ensure that the Kinaxis solution are continually developed and improved both to increase operational efficiency and cope with a fast-growing and increasingly complex business operation. You will need to understand the impact of all Rapid Response resources on different areas of the business and how it interacts within the various Dyson systems.
This is a highly technical role within supply chain which can leverage great career developments.
- Develop design approaches and recommendations to meet specific business requirements.
- Configure the Kinaxis Rapid Response interface according to business distinct needs as defined within the Agile user stories and blueprint designs.
- Interact with business users to document enhancement requests and design solutions
- Work with global business users on analysis business data and deriving business metrics and insights
- Interact with Technical and COE team to get enhancements developed; Test and confirm the enhancements
- Interact with senior business and IT stakeholders in the client organization to provide updates, jointly resolve issues, etc.
- Provide creative solutions to complex business problems while maintaining best practices.
- Guide and mentor the Dyson Authors and Contributors during project.
- Drive stakeholders participation in project design activities.
- Lead Deployment Workshops to help business achieve immediate value from the developed solutions.
- Facilitating business process design and development that leverages Rapid Response capabilities.
- Resolving complex data and analytic configurations to ensure that the solution is producing the expected results.
- Working with BSD leadership and COE team to develop a roadmap to solve multiple supply-chain problems leveraging the power of Rapid Response.
KEY Skills / Experience required
- Kinaxis Rapid Response Solution Configuration and Enhancements
- 3-5 years of experience with Kinaxis Rapid Response solution.
- Kinaxis Rapid Response certification in the role of Contributor, Author, and Admin. Rapid Response Author Level 3 certification preferred.
- Ability to configure workbooks, Task Flows, Responsibilities, Alerts, Scheduled Tasks, Automation Chains, Widgets, Scorecards, Hierarchies, Forms and Scripts in Rapid Response based on solution design documents. Preference given to candidates with Rapid Response (Integration/Solution Development/Authoring) experience and understanding.
- Foundational level understanding of Kinaxis data model, key control settings, and analytics.
- Experience with integration of legacy data, or spreadsheets and data management in Kinaxis Rapid Response
- Ability to communicate clearly with functional team members to understand requirement and discuss design options.
- Development of test plans and test cases, unit testing of solution, issue resolution and user acceptance testing
- Strong ability to evaluate new requirements coming from business stakeholders and work with technical teams/IT.
- Strong ability to evaluate business impact of technical issues
- Deep domain knowledge of one or more functional supply chain and planning processes such S&OP, Demand Planning, Inventory Management or Inventory Optimization and Master Production Scheduling or other APS solutions
- Exposure in maintenance of Kinaxis solution. Hands on experience with Constraint planning, resource authoring.
- Good understanding of Rapid Response Lead Time Calculations, Constraints, MPS, Range of coverage, BOM Level substitution, Distribution Planning.
- Good understanding of Data Integration Server, data modelling and closed loop to SAP.
- Previous implementation/execution experience of planning solutions in an industrials/manufacturing/ automotive/ high tech environment and knowledge of tools like SAP APO, SAP ECC, SAP Hana, MES, GCP, and Kinaxis Rapid Response is highly preferred
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle, including business requirements definition, review of functional specifications, development of test plans, testing, user training, and deployment
- Well-developed computer skills and a working knowledge of the Windows environment including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, Project, Visio, JIRA, Asana and Outlook Training in Agile and Scrum principles or Change Management Cycle considered
Underlying characteristic/behavior required
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Organized and methodical. Applies and enforces agreed standards and ways of working
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Able to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with key stakeholders
- Works to high standards, Inquisitive and thorough in approach
- Thirst to learn about new areas and develop new areas of expertise
- Ability to think out of the box
- Self-motivated, dynamic, results-driven and assertive
- Good presentation skills at all levels of the organization
- Enjoy challenges and thrives on them
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture
- Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to make decisions
- Able to co-ordinate and adjust own work tasks with others in order to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, yet knows when to seek assistance from more senior subject-matter-experts
- Actively pursues learning and personal development.
- Willing and able to adjust to multiple and changing work demands.
- Handles more strategic challenges with confidence.
- Seeks and welcomes feedback.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.