- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We're growing fast and our ambition is huge - more product categories, more locations and more people.
About the role
Dyson has an opportunity for Senior Power Electronics engineers to join the Power Electronics & Energy Storage group.
The Power Electronics & Energy Storage group is a multicultural and multidisciplinary team responsible for the development of Dyson Digital Motors and Lithium Ion batteries.
Dyson Digital Motors are small and light, yet extremely powerful; they power the next generation of handheld vacuum cleaners as well as the Supersonic and Air Wrap, which are revolutionising hair care. Battery management systems are vital for the safety, reliability and functionality of our cordless products. Our team is responsible for the electronic hardware design of battery management systems and motor drives across the Dyson product range.
As a Senior Power Electronics Engineer you will be responsible for a number of activities, including:
* Design and develop the next generation of hardware electronics for Battery Management Systems and Motor Drives.
* Creation of design documentation, test methods and validation plans.
* Conduct testing in the lab and analyse the results.
* Design for EMC/EMI standards.
* Ensure quality and reliability of Dyson products.
* Follow the full life-cycle of the product development processes.
* Supported by Lead and Principal Engineers, as well other specialists, you will work closely with other teams in a multidisciplinary environment, to create pioneering products.
* A degree or equivalent in electronic engineering or comparable discipline.
* Experience in the design and development of battery management systems, motor drives or other power electronics systems.
* experience in electronics hardware design for power electronics. Experience of schematic design and PCB layout.
* General knowledge of power electronics devices including silicon based IGBTs, MOSFETs and wide bandgap technologies.
* An active approach to generation of ideas.
* The desire and ability to communicate complex ideas to a range of experts in different fields.
* 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
* Pension scheme
* Performance related bonus
* Sports centre
* Free on-site parking
* Subsidised café and restaurants
* Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.