- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Toronto - Canada
About the roleThe Senior Brand Manager, Personal Care is responsible for a team that manages Dyson’s fastest growing portfolio, launching new and exciting technology, while managing the core Personal Care business. They research the market – the competition, the size of the opportunity and the obstacles. Together with our sales team, they develop the go-to-market strategy, collaborating in the development of joint business plans with retailers. They hone and localize our creative campaigns. And they develop our local direct and digital business.
Set the marketing strategy for personal care categories
- Develop, communicate and gain buy-in for the marketing strategy from stakeholders across the business
- Deliver eighteen-month commercial plan (in the scope of the 5-year vision). Includes managing pricing and ranging strategies, and promotional recommendations
- Define existing and new consumer targets and optimize plans to deliver against them.
- Set and manage the budget to deliver strategy
- Set the media plan, monitor budget and review ROI of media spend
- Work with in-house digital team and media agency to maximize media presence, awareness, generate 5 star reviews, drive word-of-mouth and recommendations
- Work with Group and the Americas Centre of Excellence to:
- Implement relevant trade and consumer marketing materials
- Manage new category events across the market
- Create exciting internal and external launch, in collaboration with Dyson’s communications team
- Prove the effectiveness of communications activity; track, measure and amend where necessary
- Analyze results to track performance, identify issues, trends and opportunities, and continuously improve programs
- Collaborate with global teams to ensure alignment and consistency across markets as appropriate
- Inspire, support and motivate team through regular feedback, 1:1s, Individual Development Plans, goals and career conversations
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals
About youExperience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 8+ years brand marketing experience, of which 2-3 are at the brand manager level
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing a high performing team with proven results
- Demonstrated success launching new products
- Experience with working with media planning and buying agency
- Strategic thinking; this person must demonstrate the ability to take a wide view. Must be able to create, execute and manage a sound 18-month marketing plan.
- Is passionate about building consumer and technology brands
- First-hand experience of retailer engagement and developing exciting in-store experiences
- Able to partner and inspire confidence across all areas of the business, both within the company and with external stakeholders
- Is a broad thinker with the ability to conduct in-depth analysis, identify the root cause of complex problems, generate creative solutions, and build strategic plans
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Dyson Matching RSP contributions
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Floater Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Generous Maternity Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Options
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.