- £Competitive + bonus
- Information Technology
- Bristol - United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our teams, we’re proud to be different.
Our Owner Experience Platform team (OXP) is an exciting, fast-paced team responsible for the development and delivery of enhancements to support our E-Commerce platform, Dyson.com. Now, more than ever, it is important that we understand the needs of our customers and adapt our platform to suit demand.
We are recruiting for a Senior Business Analyst to join Dyson’s Owner Experience team. Based in Dyson’s software & technology hub in Bristol, you will have the opportunity to work in a community of talented technologists who work with the Dyson business globally to put our customers first.
About the role
As a Senior Business Analyst, you’ll be responsible leading a small team of Business Analysts in the elicitation and elaboration of requirements for our IT delivery team. This is an agile team and has a focus on ensuring the underlying platform technology is supporting the needs of our business. Typical features delivered by this team will include compliance, security and performance enhancements. You’ll understand the technical complexities of the platform and ensure these are factored into the elaboration of business requirements.
You will work closely with the Product Owners to help analyse and qualify new demand from the business. Leading on the elicitation and refinement of requirements, gaining technical input to ensure they are ready for estimation and development.
You’ll use your knowledge and experience in agile delivery to coach and support our Business Analysts, ensuring the artefacts are of high quality and delivered efficiently. As well as refining and elaborating your own requirements, you will assist the Business Analysts in their approach to requirements delivery, help to remove blockers and actively support them in elaborating the more complex requirements.
Our OXP Business Analysts work closely with key business stakeholders and are responsible for the creation of training documentation, and the delivery of training ahead of feature releases to the market.
You’ll also be key in supporting continual improvement of processes, artefacts and skill sets within the project. You’ll be part of the quality review process, helping to ensure that BA delivery standards are consistently high across the team.
You’ll need to have:
• Demonstrable experience as a Senior Business Analyst, working in agile delivery teams, demonstrating agile modelling and documentation techniques
• Led in the planning and delivery of requirements for complex projects
• Experience helping to shape the work of other more junior team members and improving the efficiency and quality of their outputs
• Previously managed a team of Business Analysts
• Experience of the wider range of activities performed by Business Analyst, such as process modelling and use case mapping
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work with a wide range of senior stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood, clearly and unambiguously documented to ensure they can be developed to meet customer needs
• Good written and verbal skills, to ensure that you can relate confidentially and effectively to key stakeholders within the project
• Passion for producing quality deliverables, always seeking to develop and improve both yourself and the team that you work with
• An enthusiastic mindset, and eager to work at pace, embracing the agile delivery methodology of the team.
• Keenness to learn new techniques and gain experience on core Dyson IT applications
• Working knowledge of Atlassian products, such as JIRA and Confluence
• Proven experience working on E-Commerce projects
We’d also like to see:
• Experience in Hybris or AEM exposure
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machine
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.