- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
About Dyson IT
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Application Business Services Team
Dyson’s Global IT applications service has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance & compliance and People and collaboration.
About The Role
Reporting to the Business Analyst Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering and/or leading analysis activity in order to elicit requirements and inform business decisions.
- Working on the implementation and enhancement of single large or multiple small information systems, in line with business need and ensuring benefits realization.
- Investigating and analysing business situations and business needs.
- Identifying and evaluating options for improving business systems.
- Devise and plan analysis approach for large-scale projects.
- Review others work product ensuring appropriate quality.
- Conduct 121’s with direct reports, providing coaching and mentoring.
- Act as internal consultant to business stakeholders.
- Facilitate appropriate requirements elicitation to inform business solutions.
- Produces or guides other to produce detailed business models and assist in the preparation of business cases.
- Identifying new alternative and innovative approaches to performing business activities.
- Line managing either Associate Business Analysts and/or BAs working to them on a single complex project.
- Acting as a mentor to stakeholders with the business, BAs and Associate BAs.
Core Competencies (SFIA):
- Business analysis - BUAN – Level 5
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change. Applies and monitors the use of modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives. Collaborates with stakeholders at all levels, in the conduct of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies. Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks
- Requirements definition and management - REQM – Level 4
- Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity. Contributes to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source. Discovers and analyses requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate. Obtains formal agreement by stakeholders and recipients to scope and requirements and establishes a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence. Manages requests for and the application of changes to base-lined requirements. Identifies the impact on business requirements of interim (e.g. migration) scenarios as well as the required end position.
- Relationship management RLMT - Level 4
- Implements stakeholder engagement/ communications plans, including, for example; handling of complaints; problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned; collection and dissemination of relevant information. Uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management. Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Business process improvement - BPRE - Level 5
- Analyses business processes; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches. Contributes to evaluating the factors which must be addressed in the change programme. Helps establish requirements for the implementation of changes in the business process.
- Business modelling BSMO – Level 4
- Conducts advanced modelling activities for significant change programmes and across multiple business functions. Has an in-depth knowledge of organisation-standard techniques. Plans own modelling activities, selecting appropriate techniques and the correct level of detail for meeting assigned objectives. May contribute to discussions about the choice of the modelling approach to be used. Obtains input from and communicates modelling results to senior managers for agreement.
- Benefits Management - BENM – Level 5
- Identifies specific measures and mechanisms by which benefits can be measured, and plans to activate these mechanisms at the required time. Monitors benefits against what was predicted in the business case and ensures that all participants are informed and involved throughout the change programme and fully prepared to exploit the new operational business environment once it is in place. Supports senior management to ensure that all plans, work packages and deliverables are aligned to the expected benefits and leads activities required in the realisation of the benefits of each part of the change programme.
- Consultancy - CNSL – Level 5
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution. Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required. Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements. Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
- Years (>4) of broad practical experience in the role, with repeated practice performing business analysis in a variety of complex situations.
- Knowledge requirements will depend on the area the SBA is deployed in; i.e. a BA embedded into a finance team may require SME finance or system knowledge.
- Ability to see the overall picture and how individual actions fit within it.
- Ability to know what techniques to use and what influences the usage of the various techniques for the tasks.
- Strong business acumen
- Relevant professional qualifications; including either:
- BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis
- IIBA Level 3 Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- A willingness to work towards more advanced Qualification such as:
- BCS Advanced International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Experience of working in matrix structures, with cross functional teams and operating under both line reporting and project task managers
- Experience of working in agile / scrum framework environments
- Good knowledge of AEM, Hybris and SAP
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.