- Data Analysis
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Data Analyst
The Global Finance Analytics (GFA) team is an integral part of Dyson’s finance community. We deliver reporting and analysis of commercial performance across the group, both financial and non-financial, liaising directly with global markets and to provide support to the Dyson Executive Team. As a Centre of Excellence for Analytics we deliver strategic insights from data and see into the future to enable data-driven decision making as a valued and credible business partner.
Our strategic focus areas include:
- Data: Enterprise-wide curated data available for cross functional analytics
- Visualization: Self-serve, interactive, dynamic content
- Data Culture: Embed data in everything we do
- People: Individual growth = team growth
As a Senior BI Data Analyst, you will be an essential part of the GFA team, managing BAU activities and contributing to the delivery of insightful analytics for our global stakeholders, including various groups, categories, markets, and within the Finance and Commercial departments.
Your natural curiosity and financial acumen will fuel your passion for working with data to uncover valuable insights and patterns through the solutions you develop. Additionally, you will actively participate in data strategy projects, focusing on building new data assets, ensuring Data Quality, addressing Data Security, and managing Master Data Management initiatives in collaboration with our IT team.
About the role
- Administrate the tableau site and collaborate with IT to govern the access control for the dashboards
- Manage month end activities, such as running data extract and managing refresh schedule monitor data pipeline, etc
- Be able to troubleshoot and identify root cause of data issue independently and get it resolved with relevant teams
- Managing dashboard catalogue for FP&A and answer data queries from business users on data integrity or data transformation, etc.
Data Engineering and Analytics Development:
- Collaborate with the business teams to design, test, and implement analytics products and interactive visuals that facilitate data discovery and drive actionable insights from end to end.
- Take ownership of data assets and enhance existing data assets in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to satisfy changing business needs.
Data Security and Governance:
- Adhere to data security protocols and governance policies, ensuring that sensitive data is handled and stored appropriately.
- Participate in discussions with the IT to implement and improve the current data governance framework for analytical products
- Support projects aligned with strategic goals, such as leading master data consistency and alignment initiatives to address data quality challenges and establish efficient processes.
- Drive projects aimed at delivering automated reporting solutions to improve data-driven decision-making processes.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, statistics, business administration, or a related field, with relevant working experience.
- Proven experience with Tableau
- Proficiency in working with cloud data platform such as GCP or similar and skilled in writing performant SQL
- Knowledge on finance reporting and experience on financial analysis desired
- Proactive and self-driven, capable of taking ownership of initiatives and overcoming challenges
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present to senior leaders
- Working knowledge with SAP BW, SAP HANA is a plus
- Experience with Data Security and Data Governance is a plus
- Experience with RPA software such as Power Automate or UiPath is a plus
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.