- Singapore - Singapore
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic, but most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. We are looking for individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside other leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to develop products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
Register your interest today if this is something that excites you!
About the roleResponsibilities:
- Lead the overall development and implementation of camera and optical module;
- Translate product requirements into camera/optical system level solutions with balance between different functions. Ensure design solutions meet product functional requirements and reliability requirements.
- Manage the overall system level solution and challenges faced by the team. Evaluate and make decisions based on data, known science, materials, and processes.
- Review, evaluate, and clearly summarize product technical status, related tradeoffs and recommendations.
- Supplier selection and audit to qualify and manage key components such as image sensor, lens. Manage relationships with lens vendors to ensure performance requirements, schedule and budget are met
- Develop test methodology and draw conclusion by collecting, evaluating, summarizing data and trends of test results/reports.
- Tracking the state of art technologies in optical and camera industry, create new solutions and develop new technologies to continually innovate and disrupt digital imaging systems.
- Responsible for the management of the team’s plans to deliver to project deadlines
- Provide mentorship, technical guidance and project review for optical team members
- Involve in electronics development process improvement activities
- Be available to the Design Manager and/or Project Manager for consultation of camera module related issues.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical/Electronics/ Opto-Electronics and/or related fields.
- 10+ years’ experience in product development, from conception to production.
- In-depth knowledge of electronics, optics, and system engineering; Good working knowledge of mechanical, and firmware engineering and other sub disciplines.
- Experience in EMC troubleshooting, DFM, DFX, DFMEA is essential
- Sound Knowledge in Home Appliance Safety Requirement / Standard will be an advantage
- Program/project management, team management or technical lead experience
- Proven expertise in leading product design and development. Success in bringing products to market from conception to production.
- Capable to deliver high quality results within tight time deadlines.
- Highly motivated person with good communication skills and able to work within a team
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results
- Possess a strong command of written and spoken English
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.