- Design and Development
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do.
About the role:
- Work closely with Line Manager and Cross Function Team , the Current Support Engineer will manage PFG Cost Down, Reliability Improvement & Cost Estimation (within Category Team) from build to implementation.
- Manage the Engineering build (Validation) throughout the process till SOP. Required to work with Contract Manufacturer to ensure build schedule and machine delivery is met as per scheduled.
- Manage multiple activities and keep track of varying project statuses as each may be at different stage of development and have different builds date.
- Follow up with engineering and cross team to get the deliverables closed at each iteration.
- Discuss project progress and update project status with cross teams and Line Manager.
- Own, Update & Maintain Business Case Calculator for (Critical to category, cost initiative & reliability projects).
- Lead, support and track project progress and actions.
- Generate and manage time plans for each of the projects.
- Track and manage CR via CPM process till DPAP.
- Manage large cross team to meet project time line and deliverables.
- Coordinate with internal and external team for machine build using validation matrix and allocation document, maximize the value of any build to validate as many current support initiatives as possible.
- Manage PLM administration (TR & REQ) with the engineering team to support the validation plan.
- Follow up on Current Support PO's GR Closure.
- Support Line Manager on adhoc category tasks including but not limited to capacity uplift support, sample preparations for paint etc.
- Good team player and organisational skills, able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
- Clear logical thought and attention to detail.
- Good communication and presentation skills. Able to translate and communicate project information to project teams, managers and directors as required.
- Good project management skill and proven track record in working with Marketing, Planning, Approval, Commercial and Operations.
- Familiar with product/should cost calculation methodology.
- Confident personality- communicate with higher level of people across the department.
- Able to multitask without losing focus in a rapidly changing environment.
- Working knowledge of Teamcenter, Unigraphic NX, Excel, Word, Project & Power point.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.