- Ireland - Dublin Office
The Dyson Ireland marketing team is responsible for bringing our engineering stories and product technologies to life through local Go To Market strategies. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Category Manager to lead on key initiatives designed to drive brand awareness, increase consideration and deliver against our business goals for both the Haircare and Environmental care categories including the launch of ground-breaking new technology.
This role is pivotal to the Dyson Ireland strategy as the Hair Care and Environmental Care categories represent significant growth opportunity for the Dyson business in the region.
The role will involve a breadth of commercial experience, from shaping the range and product propositions for the Irish market, to bringing them to life across paid, owned and earned touch-points, creating unique experiences and always keeping our owners front of mind.
You’ll collaborate with and draw on the expertise of colleagues in Insights, Media, Retail Marketing, Digital, PR, Sales, Direct, Creative and Owner Experience teams, as well as work with global teams to provide local commercial contexts to influence strategies. We work at pace which underpins our culture and ability to continually transform our business and marketing model.
About the role
- Define and shape the category communications strategy to deliver growth for each of the categories to include NPD launches and seasonal / promotional campaigns across paid/owned/earned touch-points
- Ensure business functions understand and believe in the Category strategy. Develop and implement Local Market range principles, delivery of strategy and achieve category KPIs
- Oversee forecasting to align with budgeting and demand planning.
- Be the key client interface with the local media agency team to co-ordinate and review cross-channel media and audience plans to support new product launches, key marketing campaigns and commercial growth objectives.
- Use market insight to influence GTM plans with a data first mind-set; leverage Dyson customer data, media learnings and retail activation learnings. Shape and oversee premium omnichannel experiences to put the shopper first and unlock credibility in Haircare and Environmental care categories.
- Represent Ireland within the Dyson EMEA business ensuring that Ireland delivers strategies consistent with regional direction while delivering to the needs of the local market.
- Ensure excellent execution is delivered online and in-store with a focus on NPD launch and peak periods across all channels.
- Partner with distribution channels to shape "Joint Business Plans" for each account.
- Strategically support Direct and Indirect teams to deliver compelling and exciting Marketing initiatives for campaigns and NPD launches. Accountable for ensuring the local market has a consistent experience and voice at every touchpoint
- Operate with the category’s overall commercial agenda at the heart, driving strong narratives and business cases to influence leadership to ensure the right support is provided for each category.
- Foster strong collaborative working relationships across all functions internally & externally.
- Assess model for owner engagement making recommendations on short, medium and long term strategies to improve retention and how we might better engage with owners.
- Be the category advocate, develop the ambition and ideas needed to get the best commercial results
- Solid marketing background with proven experience on launching new products into market, ideally in a premium brand or technology environment
- Mandatory to have had experience of brand and category management i.e. simultaneous management of product marketing and communications
- As our Senior Category Manager, you will have a proven track record of challenging the status quo, and deliver innovating solutions to the problems that we face
- Ability to engage with and motivate people.
- Strong analytical skills
- A confident individual must be ready to take on battles and win
- Ability to influence
- Creative thinker
- Effective presentation skills
- Ability to plan and deliver strategic initiatives
- A visible passion for product
- Effective communicator
- Team player
- Able to manage complex projects
- Approachable and supportive
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.