- Sweden - Stockholm Office
About the Role
The Category Team is responsible for bringing our engineering, technology and products to life through our communication strategy; increasing brand awareness, brand advocacy and driving conversion. Like everything at Dyson, our experience & customer journey is designed with our consumers at the centre. We work at pace which underpins are culture and ability to continually transform our business and marketing model.
Our aim is to create inspired and highly differentiated consumer experiences that amplify the pioneering technology we make. This role is responsible for delivering the category P&L, driving category awareness and focus on using credentials to establish Dyson as a serious contender in the Floor Care sector. You’ll collaborate with and pull on the expertise of colleagues in media, PR, Direct, Indirect, Creative, owner experience and work with global to provide local commercial contexts to influence strategies.
Support the Head of Marketing in setting and delivering the Category strategy and budget.
- Support and shape annual strategic planning process through insight, new ideas and make recommendations about how to improve business performance.
- Support the budgeting process through accurately forecasting marketing investment requirements to turn strategy into tangible action (Consumer + Professional).
- Be the category advocate, collaborate and engage with commercial teams and Sales leads on best practices.
- Setup and define the Professional business to unlock advocacy, create the strategy and get support in the business at annual budget planning to deliver plans in the future.
Accountable for translating strategy into actionable plans. Deliver comprehensive communications plans to deliver category growth and P&L
- Ensure business functions understand and believe in the Category strategy. Ensuring implementation of Local Market range principles, delivery of strategy and achieve category KPIs to affirm presence in the Floor Care sphere.
- Define the Category target audience from Global segmentation work, media learnings and owner data to trial and optimise approaches; utilise for audience targeting and distribution opportunities.
- Oversee forecasting to align with budgeting and demand planning for the category.
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement product updates, including tactical SKUs, range transitions for end of line product to ensure approach is delivered on brief.
- Launch new products and campaigns into the market. Gather and lead insight delivery on relevant customer segments to influence and inform the formulation of channel strategy and creation of compelling campaign materials. Measure ROI across all marketing activities to drive confidence in decision making.
- Use market insight to influence GTM plans with a data first mind-set; leverage media learnings and retail activation learnings. Shape and oversee premium omnichannel experiences to put the shopper first and unlock credibility in the category; and where possible personalise the experience.
- Strategically support Direct and Indirect teams to deliver compelling and exciting Marketing initiatives for campaigns and NPD launches. Accountable for ensuring the local market has a consistent experience and voice at every touchpoint
- Responsible for having key insight on market data and KPI’s to provide insights to Global for product and creative requirements.
- Assess model for owner engagement making recommendations on strategies to encourage cross-sell, reduce CPAs and ideas on how we might better engage with owners.
Demonstrate strong leadership with the ability to manage and influence senior leadership.
- Drive strong narratives and business cases to influence leadership to ensure the right support is being given to the category.
- Foster strong collaborative working relationships across all functions (internally & externally).
- People management experience preferable
- Create stimulating and engaging working environment that inspires creative and innovative marketing ideas
Wider role responsibilities:
- Responsible for building and coaching high performance amongst the broader Nordic marketing community.
- Support and deputise for the Head of Marketing when required.
- Responsible for and monitoring the budget for the category with other senior stakeholders.
- Establish an evidence-based approach for business pitching focusing on measurable KPIs.
- Solid marketing background with proven experience on launching new products into market, ideally in a premium brand or technology environment
- Mandatory to have had experience of brand and category management i.e. simultaneous management of product marketing and communications
- As our Senior Category Manager, you will have a proven track record of challenging the status quo, and deliver innovating solutions to the problems that we face
- Ability to engage, inspire and motivate people.
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative thinker
- Effective presentation skills
- A confident individual must be ready to take on battles and win
- Ability to influence
- Ability to plan and deliver strategic initiatives
- A visible passion for product
- Effective communicator
- Team player
- Able to manage complex projects
- Approachable and supportive
An exciting career opportunity in a high trust and authentic environment, where we put people first. For us it is important to you allow you to bring your A-game. We therefore advocate work-life balance and both physical and mental well-being.
Further we offer
- energetic and active colleagues (we love sports and being active: Runners Club, weekly paddle-court at NK etc.)
- office in the central of Stockholm
- weekly breakfasts and monthly After-Works (we also love everything FUN to balance hard work)
- competitive remuneration and benefit package
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.