- Singapore - Singapore
The role will also be driving & manage project cost to meet Should Cost and Target Cost from NPI to SOP. The role will be working in collaboration with RDD, Product Cost, Commodity Managers to deliver this set target, also ensuring cost clarity and risk/opportunity around project costs are driven and reported.
About the roleAs a Senior Category Procurement Manager (CPM) of DDM you will:
- Work with the Research, Design & Development (RDD) Category team, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality and Commercial, Procurement team, Contract Manufacturers, suppliers to manage end-to-end DDM projects to ensure supply chain readiness to deliver projects on time, support ramp up and ongoing production (ensure sufficient capacity is installed for all bought out materials), drive the development of alternate suppliers, whilst ensuring the Global Commodity strategies within Procurement are aligned to support the overall Category Strategy.
- Lead DDM projects - ensure Procurement milestone deliverables & KPI’s are tracked and met, project status, supplier and part risks and mitigations are managed and reported to CPM of product level, Operations and Design manager and other key stakeholders, including Head of Category Procurement and the Procurement Director. This will involve close collaboration with different parties mentioned above to ensure risk mitigation plans are in place and implemented.
- Be the go-to person of the key stakeholders especially the General Managers of DDM on procurement-related issues.
- Work closely together with the RDD Directors or Head of Engineering/ RDD to ensure projects opportunities/risks are being worked on/resolved.
- Manage the procurement activities for engineering builds as part of the product development process. This includes raising risk buys.
- Drive & manage project and product cost to meet Should Costs and Target Costs from New Product Innovation (NPI) to post Start of Production (SOP) and cost down activities. The role will be working in collaboration with RDD, Product Cost team (Finance), Global Commodity Managers & Procurement Engineering to ensure best pricing is achieved to meet the cost saving targets set for the Global Procurement team.
- Encourage supplier input in to the design and cost, working with RDD, Procurement Engineering and Global Commodity Managers to drive best cost and cost down initiatives, understanding and reporting cost risks and opportunities.
- Contribute to on-going continuous improvement activities.
- Degree/CIPS qualification or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in Procurement/Purchasing/Supply Chain and/or recognized qualification in Project Management
- Strong commercial background within a Manufacturing and/or Engineering background – experience in a relevant industry.
- Procurement experience or an awareness of Request for Quotation, supplier selection and new supplier set up processes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English) for reporting to all stakeholders at different levels and the ability to convey issues concisely and accurately to all levels within the organisation
- Good Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills and the ability to present to stakeholder groups and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask “silly” questions).
- Strong process orientation to govern and manage projects
- A fair-minded approach and ability to be totally objective.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships and influence others.
- Assertiveness, a proactive approach, forward thinking and good attention to detail.
- The ability to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things.
- Accountability, integrity and confidence, always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances and the ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timelines.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.