- Singapore - Technology Centre
The role is responsible for managing the procurement projects strategy, working with the Global RDD Category and Global Procurement team to manage assigned projects within the Category. The main focus is to ensure supply chain readiness to deliver projects on time & support ramp up, to drive the development of multiple sources, proactively managing the risks, and ensuring the Commodity Strategy within Procurement are aligned to support the overall Category Strategy.
The role will also be driving & manage project cost to meet Should Cost and Target Cost from NPI to SOP. The role will be working in collaboration with RDD, Product Cost, Commodity Managers to deliver this set target, also ensuring cost clarity and risk/opportunity around project costs are driven and reported.
About the role
As a Senior Category Procurement Manager you will:
- Work with the Research, Design & Development (RDD) Category team, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality and Commercial, Procurement functions, Contract Manufacturers, suppliers to manage your assigned projects/products to ensure supply chain readiness to deliver projects on time, support ramp up and ongoing production (ensure sufficient capacity is installed for all bought out materials), drive the development of alternate suppliers, whilst ensuring the Global Commodity strategies within Procurement are aligned to support the overall Category Strategy.
- Ensure Procurement milestone deliverables & KPI’s are tracked and met, project status, supplier and part risks and mitigations are managed and reported to Operations and Design manager and other key stakeholders, including Head of Category Procurement and the Procurement Director. This will involve close collaboration with different parties mentioned above to ensure risk mitigation plans are in place and implemented.
- Manage the procurement activities for engineering builds as part of the product development process. This includes supporting purchase of samples & raising risk buys.
- Work closely together with the RDD Directors or Head of Engineering/ RDD to ensure projects risks & opportunities are being worked on.
- Work closely with the UK Procurement team on projects being transferred, ensuring all transfer deliverables are completed and ownership and responsibilities are clearly defined.
- Drive & manage project and product cost to meet Should Costs and Target Costs from New Product Innovation (NPI) to post Start of Production (SOP). The role will be working in collaboration with RDD, Product Cost team (Finance), Global Commodity Managers & Procurement Engineering to ensure best pricing is achieved to meet the cost saving targets set for the Global Procurement team.
- Provide component pricing on a monthly basis, or whenever there is a change or up issue in revision, as part of the project life cycle.
- Encourage supplier input into the design and cost, working with RDD, Procurement Engineering and Global Commodity Managers to drive best cost and cost down initiatives, understanding and reporting cost risks and opportunities.
- Degree/CIPS qualification or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience Project Management - at least 8-10 years in a relevant industry
- Supply Chain or Procurement experience or an awareness of Request for Quotation, supplier selection and new supplier set up processes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English) for reporting to all stakeholders at different levels and the ability to convey issues concisely and accurately to all levels within the organisation.
- Good Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills and the ability to present to stakeholder groups and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask "silly" questions).
- Strong process orientation to govern and manage projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships and influence others.
- Assertiveness, a proactive approach, forward thinking and good attention to detail.
- The ability to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things.
- Accountability, integrity and confidence, always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances and the ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timelines.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.