- Regulatory and Compliance
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
The Claims and Performance team at Dyson work closely with our Commercial, Research, Design, and Development (RDD), and Legal teams to develop appropriate test methods and capability that support our claims ambitions, using labs within and outside of Dyson. They travel to supervise consumer trials and are involved in novel research with contract and academic partners to evidence new claims, ensuring that Dyson can defend all its performance claims, treading the line between compelling claims that sell products and differentiate us from our competitors, whilst having persuasive, comprehensive data to support advertising. They conceive and execute novel research with contract and academic partners to evidence new claim avenues.
We're committed to our campus culture and don’t look to offer a regular hybrid working arrangement. This helps us to achieve the spirit of Dyson – collaboration, creativity, and inventiveness – in our inspiring, social, and dynamic workspaces.
About the role
As a Senior Claims and Performance Manager at Dyson, you will ensure that we have robust and durable scientific evidence before making any statements about our product performance to the world, with a focus on new products in our beauty category.
Your responsibilities include overseeing claims, methods, testing, and evidence for one or more Dyson product categories. You will develop claim substantiation strategies, collaborate with RDD to fine-tune product specifications and validate test methods.
Additionally, you will represent Dyson at international standards working groups, assist local market teams in designing region-specific research, and coach commercial managers on advertising law requirements. Identifying new endorsement opportunities, commissioning external test houses, and delivering accurate reports will be part of your role. You will also provide technical expertise in legal discussions and represent Dyson as an expert witness.
- Degree-qualified scientist with 5+ years' experience in personal care and household care claims
- Highly technical, understanding the impact of regulations and test metrics on advertising claims
- Analytical with strong numeracy skills, able to scrutinize claims and identify potential challenges to the validity of Dyson's advertising
- Strategic thinker, identifying opportunities for new test methods and concepts that benefit our product categories and influence industry standards
- Ability to connect internal technical developments, standards, and legal challenges
- Engaging, influential, and professional communicator, capable of challenging opinions and providing clarity to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent organizer, planner, and self-starter, adept at prioritization and communication across all business levels
- Ideally, experience and knowledge of domestic appliances
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to relocate as the role may require global mobility
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail purchases
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- Generous holiday allowance of 27 days (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Access to on-site sports centre, gym, hair salon, and lifestyle assistance
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Option to purchase additional holiday days
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Digital GP services
- On-site physiotherapy and GP services
- Prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.