- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is looking for an experienced and creative CMF Senior Designer to join our CMF Design team based in Southeast Asia (SEA).
You will be responsible for creatively generating and developing CMF concepts and to deliver final design of colours, materials and finishes for Dyson products in relation to the overall Design and company strategy. You will work closely within a newly established and growing CMF Design team in SEA as well as cross functioning with the UK CMF Design and Product Experience teams, all focused on making the owner experience the best it can be and in-keeping with Dyson’s reputation.
About the role
- Presentation of CMF Design at executive level.
- Takes an active role in growing the CMF function at Dyson whilst playing a vital role within the newly established CMF team.
- Responsible for generating CMF Design Specifications, project and material development timing plans and mastering of material samples.
- Communication of CMF Design using visuals and models.
- Own the CMF Design of our products from concept, through various stages of development, and into production.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Design and Product Experience Team to promote world-leading design.
- Manage internal communications with global RDD, Commercial, Quality, Engineering and programme functions for project success.
- Support in discovering new resources for materials to aid in enhancing innovation.
- Have broad experience of both soft and hard material developments.
- Extensive knowledge of material technology and manufacturing processes.
- Creation and development of CMF narratives, strategy and comprehensive design guidelines.
A degree in Textile Design, Colour and Material Design, Product or Industrial Design or equivalent.
Highly motivated and collaborative – taking ownership of projects and at the same time, being objective and responsive to feedback.
Self-motivated, able to take initiative with the ability to work independently when needed.
Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbally and visually.
Ability to assess project risks impacting CMF Design and recommend mitigations.
Possess a good understanding of various production processes & engineering processes – how they influence design and fabrication.
Superior colour vision and eye for detail.
Ability to travel if required.
Software Tools – Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, KeyShot, VRed, Office Suite including PowerPoint and Excel.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.