- Data Analysis
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
The Global Claims Standard and Insights (CSI) Team’s mission is to understand and embed knowledge of the consumer to position Dyson technology in the right way. We work in the hub of the action; interfacing between Research Design and Development (RDD), Commercial, and other business functions to ensure more informed decisions are made throughout the Dyson product development framework.
We're committed to our campus culture and want to have people collaborating, developing, and learning from each other, five days a week. By having everyone on campus together, we have been able to nurture a fantastic social and dynamic environment.
About the role
This is a unique role in the Global Claims, Standards & Insights function focusing on a brand new category for Dyson and providing a deep understanding of the markets we want to move into. You will need to work with the Strategy, Go-to-Market, and Media teams to make sure we make a successful splash in this new area for Dyson. You will prioritise the most important Insight projects, leverage budgets and utilise the right methodologies, to help make sure our launch is as successful as possible. Once launched, you will need to understand how we are performing to help optimise and spot opportunities/market trends to support further launches.
As a team, we need to be on the pulse of what is happening in our key markets and be able to articulate long-term opportunities or risks that the senior leadership team needs to be aware of. You will be responsible for building plans, getting budgets approved, and executing to understand the “what next” for Dyson. You will work closely with our local markets to garner a deep understanding of our categories, guiding global business decision-making.
We are looking for a curious, passionate, and detailed orientated Insight Manager who can work across several teams and functions to deliver clear recommendations to help us achieve our ambitious growth targets. You will work closely with our Head of Insights to drive insight strategy, devise and deliver the insight programme, and run sensory projects.
You will assist with ‘lobbying’ at the budgeting and planning phase, develop our end-to-end campaign testing capabilities, and work with user-trial managers to set up in-market product trials and immersions. You will coach commercial managers on how best to use research and insights and support the wider Commercial function from a qualitative and/or quantitative basis.
You will develop lifecycle surveys for Dyson customers to understand customer satisfaction and potential opportunities, and you will maintain strong relationships with the Insight Community to deliver best practice at Dyson. You will collaborate with teams across Dyson globally, working to deliver KPIs consistently across our markets, establishing key processes and ways of working, creating strong networks across the business, to ensure success.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject
- At least three years of experience in managing and generating quantitative and qualitative research from large amounts of information, creating actionable insights
- Experience in hair care, sensory testing, and sensory mapping
- Highly numerical and analytical, able to generate insights and identify key themes and opportunities from data
- Motivated, organised, adaptable, flexible, open-minded, resourceful, engaging
- An exceptional communicator (written and oral) and collaborator, able to nurture relationships with senior stakeholders and influence decision-making
- Comfortable working for a technology-led company
- Globally mobile and open to relocating
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair salon, and lifestyle assistance (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, on-site physio and GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.