- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Job Description: Senior Commercial Manager (East Markets)
As the global landscape becomes increasingly fragmented and competitive, Dyson’s model is shifting to enable us to become more locally relevant and agile in our delivery of products and campaigns in our must-win markets. In order to achieve our category ambitions and maintain our position as a global leader in Floorcare our effective collaboration with markets teams has never been more important.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to further your career in commercial and the global marketing team whilst working for one of the leading technology enterprises in the UK. Sitting within the Group Go to Market Floorcare team within the Global Marketing function, this candidate will work closely with the Head of Markets and local category teams to contribute towards the ambitious global growth of Dyson’s online and offline presence.
Purpose of the Role
The Senior Commercial Manager (Global Marketing) role will support and drive the overall company goals of increasing and maintaining our share of market across the Eastern region, partner with local markets to determine clear objectives, create competitor defence plans and create campaigns to deliver this.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Partnering with China and Eastern Markets teams to shape commercially robust annual Floorcare plans and respond to risks / ops in-year as well as co-ordinate and lead mid and longer term strategic initiatives.
- Key focus on China with stakeholder groups to create a long term roadmap of activity to regain and maintain market share to deliver the commercial targets.
- Active Market representative in relevant forums such as performance claims testing, creative reviews and prioritisation, RDD and Market ranging discussions.
- Oversea all initiatives affecting Floorcare within your region including, but not limited to large projects such as Peak trading, Competitor Defence plans, new product launches as well as business as usual activity.
- Leadership of Commercial Manager who is responsible for smaller markets within Asia.
- Work with key stakeholders on campaign requirements for NPD and other campaigns that drive business performance for China and oversee inputs for the Eastern region.
- Work with the your team and local markets for continual reporting on performance: be able to confidently articulate what’s working, what’s not and how this is impacting the business. Prepare and action responses with cross functional market teams and other stakeholders.
- Have fluent understanding of market competitor offerings and competitor go to market and direct strategies and use this insight to drive action in order to pre-empt any negative impact to Dyson.
- Present quarterly to RDD team on local market performance and competitor insights.
- Input into the Market annual Marketing plan and support on how to optimise spend efficiencies.
- Demonstrable experience in a role within a business that sells direct to consumers and through third party
- Passionate about floorcare, staying up to date with latest developments
- Commercial awareness, experience building business cases to show value of new project initiatives to multiple stakeholders
- Self-starter with lots of initiative
- Good communication skills, both written & verbal
- Digital media understanding
- Local market experience or understanding
- Strong technical capability, experience briefing development and creative teams
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.