- Singapore - Singapore
Bringing brand new technology to life – and to the world – requires inventive marketing. Clarity of message. Vast reach. And engagement in more innovative ways. Working closely with our engineers, our marketeers develop powerful claims through scientific research. And from traditional channels to cutting-edge events, retail experiences, social media and PR, we seize every chance to tell the Dyson story.
As we grow, it is increasingly important that we have a global view of what is being executed in market and what is planned. The Commercial management function has that global view and work closely with local market teams to communicate the development of our plans and ensure that local input is fed into our project plans.
About the roleThis role works closely with the other Category Leads to ensure local campaigns are aligned with product launches and other campaigns and that the local voice is heard in global launches. They will work closely with the Programme Manager to ensure projects are delivered in compliance with process.
This role is part of the category steering committee for annual project and budget planning and assessing whether deviations to the annual strategy should be made.The role also takes ownership for the development of the communications strategy for the next 2-5 years for a given region.
The Senior Commercial Manager APAC (Group Commercial – CoE) is responsible for
- Supporting local regions in developing their plans to hit the category’s business objectives and for being their voice for driving projects forwards which hold significant strategic importance
- Identifying local insights, consumer behaviour and media insights that can ensure that projects will work for the local regions.
- Brand Managers and Marketing Directors within region to ensure that local thinking is being fed into annual planning and the generation of new projects.
- Programme Manager to assess opportunities in resource, cost and time to deliver projects of strategic importance for the region and category.
- Interrogate local market thinking to ensure that what markets what is right for the region and category. Optimise these ideas where appropriate.
- Senior Commercial Manager (NPD) to ensure markets needs are considered in annual ranging and global launches, and that all finance and resource implications are considered.
- Work closely with the Programme Manager, Senior Commercial Manager (NPD) and Category Lead (Group Commercial – CoE) to assess priorities and opportunities globally. Sit on the steering committee for the category to ensure that the correct projects are being prioritised with the available resource.
- Work closely with Marketing Directors within region to drive strategic thinking into market planning to generate new projects and feed into longer term NPD projects.
- Ensure that markets are forecasting their plans into the 18 month horizon. Work closely with markets to adapt plans in order to hit the aligned commercial goals for market and category. Balance both long-term planning with the requirement to be nimble and adapt when we have to.
- Work closely with Programme Managers to ensure that projects are achievable based on our internal resource.
- Analyse local market performance and forecasting.
- Highlight discrepancies in forecasting and supply chain
- Instigate gap fill plans where appropriate
- Analyse market performance in relation to future capacity and CAPEX requirements to ensure business cases and long-term planning reflects the region’s requirements.
- Track category performance via market data (e.g. NPD or GfK) to:
- Identify trends in seasonality and pricing
- Highlight sub-category performance and make recommendations on how it impacts capacity and future component purchasing.
- Senior Commercial Manager (NPD) to ensure that product development considers local market input and opportunities are identified for specific nuances within the campaign where possible.
- Senior Commercial Manager (NPD) in region and Commercial Manager to ensure that local market insights and needs are satisfied by the project brief.
- Coach Commercial Managers (Group Commercial – CoE) on the strategic development of the wider category. Demonstrate how their product/projects are (or are not) enabling the category to deliver the wider category strategy.
- Proven track record of challenging the status quo, and deliver innovating solutions to the problems that we face
- You will have extensive experience of driving product strategy on a global scale, and have experience working with international markets
- As a proven people manager, you will come with extensive leadership experience and a track record of developing talent
- You will have been at the forefront of driving customer engagement and thought leadership within your recent roles
- You'll also have a proven ability to build cross-functional relationships and deliver results through aligned business functions
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.