- Singapore - Singapore
This role will work closely with the other Category Leads to ensure local campaigns are aligned with product launches and other campaigns and that the local voice is heard in global launches. They will work closely with the Programme Manager to ensure projects are delivered in compliance with process.
The Head of Category, Senior Commercial Manager, Commercial Director and Programme Manager will form the category steering committee for annual project and budget planning and assessing whether deviations to the annual strategy should be made.
About the roleSenior Commercial Manager – Haircare, APAC (Group Commercial CoE) will always have the questions below in the forefront of their minds when making decisions:
- How will our products and campaigns succeed in market?
- Does this work support the strategic objectives for the region for the next 1-3 years?
- Are the insights and objectives for a project thoroughly thought out and considered in context with the wider strategy of the category?
- How can I ensure the consumers view of the category is supported with individual projects and the supplementation of market specific insights?
- Are we on the right path to deliver our commercial goals? What interventions need to be made for our plan in this market in the short, mid and long term?
The role takes ownership for the development of the communications strategy for the next 2-5 years for a given region. The role works closely with the Programme Manager and other Category Leads (CoE and NPD) to set the annual plan for projects. The Senior Commercial Manager – Haircare APAC (Group Commercial) is responsible for supporting local regions in developing their plans to hit the category’s business objectives and for being their voice for driving projects forwards which hold significant strategic importance.
This role is responsible for identifying local insights, consumer behaviour and media insights that can ensure that projects will work for the local regions. Senior Commercial Managers (Group Commercial CoE) are responsible for driving the strategic direction of the category in a given region.
- Work closely with market teams in region to ensure that specific local insights and consumer information is being used to generate new projects and optimise briefs as appropriate.
- Work closely with Brand Managers and Marketing Directors within region to ensure that local thinking is being fed into annual planning and the generation of new projects.
- Work closely with the Programme Manager to assess opportunities in resource, cost and time to deliver projects of strategic importance for the region and category.
- Interrogate local market thinking to ensure that what markets what is right for the region and category. Optimise these ideas where appropriate.
- Work closely with Senior Commercial Managers (NPD) to ensure markets needs are considered in annual ranging and global launches, and that all finance and resource implications are considered.
- Sit on the steering committee for the category to ensure that the correct projects are being prioritised with the available resource. Work closely with the Programme Manager, Senior Commercial Manager (NPD), Head of Category (Group Commercial) and Commercial Director (Group Commercial to assess priorities and opportunities globally.
- Work closely with market teams to plan the direction for the category in region beyond the 0-1 year horizon.
- Work closely with Marketing Directors within region to drive strategic thinking into market planning to generate new projects and feed into longer term NPD projects.
- Ensure that markets are forecasting their plans into the 18 month horizon. Work closely with markets to adapt plans in order to hit the aligned commercial goals for market and category. Balance both long-term planning with the requirement to be nimble and adapt when we have to.
- Work closely with Programme Managers to ensure that projects are achievable based on our internal resource.
- Work closely with Finance and Supply Chain to monitor regional performance.
- Analyse local market performance and forecasting.
- Highlight discrepancies in forecasting and supply chain ii. Instigate gap fill plans where appropriate
- Analyse market performance in relation to future capacity and CAPEX requirements to ensure business cases and long-term planning reflects the region’s requirements.
- Track category performance via market data (e.g. NPD or GfK) to:
- Identify trends in seasonality and pricing ii. Highlight sub-category performance and make recommendations on how it impacts capacity and future component purchasing.
- Ensure that market specific insights are being fed into the Senior Commercial Manager (NPD) within category to ensure that projects are being developed with local direction in mind. Specifically assist development during the Define Phase of projects.
- Work with the Senior Commercial Manager (NPD) to ensure that product development considers local market input and opportunities are identified for specific nuances within the campaign where possible.
- Work with the Senior Commercial Manager (NPD) in region and Commercial Manager to ensure that local market insights and needs are satisfied by the project brief.
- Coach Commercial Managers and Commercial Executives (Group Commercial – CoE) on the strategic development of the wider category. Demonstrate how their product/projects are (or are not) enabling the category to deliver the wider category strategy.
- Proven track record of challenging the status quo, and deliver innovating solutions to the problems that we face
- You will have extensive experience of driving product strategy on a global scale, and have experience working with international markets
- As a proven people manager, you will come with extensive leadership experience and a track record of developing talent
- You will have been at the forefront of driving customer engagement and thought leadership within your recent roles
- You'll also have a proven ability to build cross-functional relationships and deliver results through aligned business functions
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.