- Supplier Relationship Management
- Malaysia - Development Centre
The Senior Commercial Manager will be tasked to implement and manage the product allocation strategy which will align with the overall Contract Manufacturing Commodity strategy to support all Dyson products. The position will manage all commercial contracts, cost and claim negotiation with suppliers while working with cross functional teams to ensure smooth operations with our manufacturing partners.
About the role
- Key liaison and PIC (person in charge) to manage the relationship between Dyson and the assigned suppliers / contract manufacturers.
- Manage, communicate, and drive any regular and/or ad hoc tasks with the suppliers/contract manufacturers, and ensure satisfactory objectives are achieved before deadline.
- Manage, communicate, and drive any regular and/or ad hoc internal Operational/Commercial/Financial/Engineering/Project/ Technical discussions and ensure objectives are achieved that are in-line with Dyson’s best interest.
- Review/Respond/Resolve any inquiries/tasks from both internal or external in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Proactively provide options to the management team so proper business/operational decisions can be made.
- Provide guidance and leadership to both internal and external parties in achieving targets relating to Dyson Commercial.
- Manage overall tooling capacity within the suppliers/contract manufacturers and liaising with internal stakeholders.
- Dollar amount saved from the Contract Manufacturer spend vs target (3% per annual currently).
- Communications, presentations, concise data, accurate.
- Tasks, issues, communications are completed within the given timeframe, while achieving the objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership by providing meaningful resolutions, foresee potential issues and guide both internal and external parties in resolving these issues.
- Management of both Commercial and internal relationships.
Key Skills / Experience
- Degree in Engineering with at least 8-10+ years’ experience within the procurement function
- Strong commercial background within a Manufacturing/ Engineering environment
- Experienced in dealing with OEM/ EMS/CM vendors
- Understanding and experience of APAC procurement & legal regulations
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Capable in planning and project management
- Strong business acumen, along with strong analytical skills and ability to spot anomalies
- Language ability in Mandarin will be an advantage
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.