- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to further your career in commercial and the go to market team whilst working for one of the leading technology enterprises in the UK. Sitting within the Group Go to Market Floorcare team, this candidate will work closely with the Head of Markets and contribute towards the ambitious global growth of Dyson’s online and offline direct presence.
About the roleThe Senior Commercial Manager role will support and drive the overall company goals of accelerating direct performance. The role requires a high level of organisation and ability to prioritise, combined with the ability to learn and iterate quickly.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with stakeholder groups to create a clear roadmap of activity that will operationally deliver the Direct strategy and commercial targets for Floorcare.
- Partnering with teams to shape commercially robust annual Direct Floorcare plans and respond to risks / ops in-year as well as co-ordinate and lead mid and longer term strategic initiatives.
- Active GTM Floorcare representative in relevant Direct forums - Direct daily trading, Heads of Direct reviews as two key examples
- Go to contact for all Direct initiatives affecting Floorcare. Being key conduit and co-ordination point within Floorcare projects for Direct activities including, but not limited to large projects such as Peak trading, Virtual store and Help Me Choose and new product launches as well as everyday activity such as Floorcare merchandising, accessories merchandising and attachment rates.
- Using web analytics tools to gain actionable insight, influencing key merchandising decisions and support the ongoing improvement of Floorcare Direct metrics (online and offline performance)
- The Direct offer. Support relevant parties such as Head of ranges, in understanding the overarching direct range and consumer strategy. Provide guidance on the submission and approvals process as required, ultimately ensuring the range reflects market strategic priorities and is in line with Group principles.
- Be a champion of Direct internally and be seen as an extension of the direct teams around the world. Create a collaborative and effective relationship where market insight is actively sought and acted upon and Group actions / decisions are well communicated and understood.
- Work with key stakeholders (group / Centre of Excellence) on campaign requirements for NPD and other campaigns that drive business performance for Direct. Build asset list requirements that ensure we are optimising creative resource against the most valuable deliverables.
- Work with the relevant teams including Direct to set up continual reporting on performance: be able to confidently articulate what’s working, what’s not and how this is impacting the business. Prepare and action responses with cross functional Group / CoE / market teams.
- Have fluent understanding of market competitor offerings and competitor go to market and direct strategies and use this insight to drive Group action in order to pre-empt any negative impact to Dyson.
- Demonstrable experience in an online role with a business that sells direct to consumers
- Passionate about online staying up to date with latest developments
- Commercial awareness, experience building business cases to show value of new project initiatives to multiple stakeholders
- Self-starter with lots of initiative
- Good communication skills, both written & verbal
- Digital media understanding
- Strong technical capability, experience briefing development and creative teams
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.