- Japan - Tokyo Office
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve peoples’ lives; whether that be by engineering high performance technology to keep their floors and air clean – to patented beauty innovation to style their hair.
About the Team
Working day to day in Dyson’s in-house Communications team in Japan and with APAC and global Dyson HC Communications leads.
- Working closely day to day with Dyson Japan hair care marketing team including Head of Hair Care
Working directly with Hair Care-category team, Social Media Manager in Japan, and with APAC CoE Social Media team.
About the role
We are looking for strong communications expert to accelerate and transform Dyson’s reputation in Beauty to wider audiences including generations (gen MZ) in Japan.
The successful candidate will be able to lead agencies and cross-functional teams to adopt beauty PR in new ways. Also, they have up to date knowledge of new /social media and influencer-led communications as well as outstanding relationships with key target media, KOL and influencers in Japan.
This incumbent will have an innate ability to tell inspiring stories (and inspire others to tell their stories) in a way that works for Japanese audiences. They will lead new initiatives to challenge previous PR ‘norms’ to, inspire and motivate his/her peers,
This person will work with various communication activities except paid advertisement, from planning to execution such as identifying demands/opportunity, developing strategic pitching narratives, holistic content creation, ideation, strategic execution and organizing events for expanding Dyson Beauty. Also frequently communicate with counterparts in other markets.
- 1. STRATEGY - Plan and implement the communications strategy for Dyson Beauty in Japan with a focus on maximizing exposure and impact on Dyson beauty benefits under-pinned with our problem solving approach, our products, our people and places and the Dyson philosophy. Also continuous planning and actions requires to create aspirational as premium Beauty brand as well as emotional local attached narrative. Effective budget management.
- 2. REPUTATION BUILDING - Maximizing each and every narrative to build Dyson’s reputation as premium Beauty brand and desirability, led by prestigious global technology company with superior performance. Create share of voice to contribute business growth.
- 3. LEADERSHIP – Be global leader for Dyson Beauty category to work with different stake folders to create plan to execute with excellent outcome. Understand behavior as leader to work with X functional team.
- 4. ENGAGEMENT – Build engagement with right media, influencer, KOL and expert to strength brand equity in beauty context.
- 5. Establish strong Dyson Beauty (Technology) credential in Japan through earned media /Proactive contact with beauty media/ influencers – seeking opportunistic collaboration/ content /Grow Dyson Beauty category and related earned social / influencer activity. / Build Dyson Beauty brand equity to holistically work with cross function team
About You (Skills & Experiences)
- Minimum 10 years and above PR/Marketing Communication experience in PR/Brand Communication agency or the in-house Beauty / Fashion product PR of agile change driven industry. Experience of managing social community or a group of influencers can be required
- Digital communication and/or experience with digital media/social Influencers
- Experience in Beauty/Premium brand industry, and Fashion can be considered
- Early adopter with having high interest for new ways of PR/ Communications
- Strong business mind as being strategic thinker and excellent execution
- Proven record of achievement, eagerness to try new things
- Excellent communication skills in English and Japanese
- Out-of-box thinking but organized, assertive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections
- More proactive thinker, less reactive communicator with agility and flexibility
- Persuasive, personable, clear communicaton
- Creative thinker
- Entrepreneurial, trying new ways of generating contacts and content
- High paced + highly disciplined
- Sees ambiguity as opportunity. Agile
- Proactive solving problem with better solution
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.