- Tokyo - Japan
About the role
Corporate Reputation Management
Three major areas that need to be managed by this position to work with multiple stakeholders;
1) Internal Communications Lead + General Communications supports:
Mainly responsible for
- Be advocator of Dyson Corporate Culture and Philosophy to all employees through plan with group internal team to execute for local team. Operate bi-weekly Café Briefing and Year end employee gathering
- Support all categories (FC/PC/EC/Light/Professional) to spread new technology to employees through internal NPD ) new product development) launch
To do so, this person is expected to work with as main contact of point (not solely work always copying supervisor in the communication loop)
- Global Internal Communications team
- Dyson Japan Leadership team
- Other internal stakeholders
2) Advocator of James Dyson Award (JDA):
Mainly responsible for
- Increase awareness of James Dyson Award as international engineering award to nurture young talent
- Manage and organize entry from the applicants as well as award juries including announcing timing, gathering opportunities
To do so, this person is expected to work with
- Global James Dyson Foundation colleagues
- External James Dyson Award Juries
- University students those who applies / submits James Dyson Awards
- Professor of a certain University to encourage their student to apply this awards
- Media or influencers to spread about value of James Dyson Awards
3) Leading for James Dyson Foundation (JDF):
James Dyson Foundation is a charitable organization for nurturing young talent as becoming engineer. In Japan, JDF plays and take some sort of initiatives in 技術教育 through junior high.
Main responsible for
- Organize a board meeting once a six-month with administrative works. Work with external supporters, Judicial scrivener and CPA.
- Plan and execute to operate workshop in schools and university to work with external stakeholders.
- Work with Ministry of Education, external university professors and school teachers. Culture, Sports, Science and Technology and experts of technology education.
- Work closely with UK James Dyson Foundation team to make local plan and execution.
- Support the development and delivery of new digital engineering resources for schools.
2. TEAM ENVIRONMENT
Working day to day in a Communications team and working directly with one other an international team of UK, Asia Pacific and others.
3. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads JDF activities to make support for future engineers with external experts and media to build credentialing reputation as Dyson.
- Plan and take initiatives of better internal communication for/beyond Hanzomon office
- Create contents utilized for bring aspiration of JDA and JDF.
- Lead day-to-day Communications activities that based on strategic planning and bring excellent execution for Japan.
- Plan and take initiative of spreading news on/relevant to JDA/JDF through social media activity.
- Generate media coverage mostly JDA related.
- Create plan and develop communication material assets related JDF, JDA and internal purposes.
- Deliver accurate and timely evaluation of PR activity, demonstrating the ability to meet set objectives and implement effective budgetary control.
4. KEY AREAS FOR DEVELOPMENT
- Creative ideas to stimulate further potential applicants of JDA and expand activities of JDF with well-managed execution. Drive and manage owned media, media and SNS (Digital, TV, NP, Mag. and Online) for reputation awareness.
- Engagement building with education industry, government, design engineer endorser in Japan.
- Secure design and technology opportunities – opinion leaders, exhibitions and education for JDA and JDF.
- Extend news stories to create further press coverage, coordinating transfer of stories in Japan.
- Plan / manage how better Internal Commination should be throughout the Japan organization
- Assess publicity materials available and recommend new approaches for JDA
Minimum 5 years and above PR experience in corporate PR industry or PR agency.
Digital communication and/or familiar with digital media/Influencer usage is advantage.
Passionate for building career in PR
High interest for technology, engineering industry and educations.
Strong business mind
Proven record of achievement.
Business level English verbally and written skills
Strong team player, organized, assertive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections
More proactive thinker, less reactive communicator
Intelligent, quick-thinking, alert
Persuasive, personable, clear communicator
Calm, logical, comfortable with all levels
Literate with good Japanese /English written communication skills
Reliable, supportive and practical
Creative and sympathetic to the core philosophy
Good sense of humor and good match with Dyson cultureExcellent personal and business presentation skills
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.