- Hullavington - United Kingdom
The Senior Communications Manager, Automotive, will form a key part of the Dyson Automotive Commercial team operating as the key day-to-day Communications contact for the Automotive steering group, reporting directly to the Global Director for Product Communications.
The role will cut across many functions within Dyson, working particularly closely with the Automotive Commercial team to shape the launch strategy for Dyson’s first ever battery electric vehicle, and liaising with senior engineers responsible for the key technologies which give birth to our narratives. By keeping an ear to the ground, the Senior Communications Manager will identify the uniquely Dyson development stories to be packaged up and shared both internally and externally.
The role is suited to someone with a previous experience in Automotive who has rich media and influencer relations, and has a proven track record of supporting the delivery of consistent, integrated and compelling communications at every touch point.
Translating strategy into objectives, gaining commitment, monitoring process, improving process and self are key challenges. Focus is orientated toward supporting the regular rhythm of internal communications and laying the foundations for Dyson’s pathway to communicating its launch of a battery electric vehicle. You will work incredibly closely with the Global Director for Product Communications in rolling out the strategy for launch and in creating a long term playbook for Dyson as an automotive company.
What you’ll be doing;
• Integrated 360 comms: Responsible for driving ambitious, innovative and integrated communications strategies around Dyson’s launch into Automation, drawing from the know-how of RDD and combining it with creative stakeholders and partners ranging from CRM, Social and Digital to deploy in a 360 way.
• Delivery: Oversee the delivery of programmatic activities through Communications materials, press and social media, and ensure a varied and high impact calendar of events which don’t just rely on NPD.
• Storytelling: Lead the creation of core narratives for Dyson’s technology (alongside Commercial and Creative) and embed Dyson Communications in at the campaign proposition stage of all NPD launches and campaigns.
• Impact and influence: Devise well thought through strategies which positively raise the profile of Dyson within the markets they are deployed, reinforcing Dyson’s technology credentials and key messages relating to Dyson’s first ever battery electric vehicle and the impact this will have on consumers, wellbeing
• Events: Oversee a global programme of Automation events, supporting the Senior Category comms managers and by extension the market teams to deliver well attended, high impact events which influence media and KOLs and support commercial objectives.
• Measurement: Measuring and analysing success to ensure continuous improvement
• Budget management: Allocate and plan the use of budget to ensure it is deployed most effectively.
• Alignment: Ensure alignment between the communications team and the wider commercial and creative organisation globally.
• Play a key role on the Global Comms Steering Group including inputting into Communications planning, organisational strategy, and strategic decision making as well as providing leadership and inspiration to the wider global comms team
What we’d like to see from you;
• Substantial experience in communications and marketing disciplines – more specifically around Automation would be advantageous
• Cross-functional campaign management: Experience of building cross-functional communications campaigns within the Automation industry
• Multi-platform: Experience working across a range of multi-media channels with competency in digital marketing and social media.
• Proven ability to work globally: Experience and appreciation of local variations including platforms, cultures, sensitives and nuance.
• A proven leader: Ability to influence at the highest levels and inspire the confidence of a globally spread, multidisciplinary team. Strong line management experience and know-how in getting teams to perform at their very best and keeping them inspired.
• Strong project management skills: Including experience of working across complex multi-stakeholder initiatives, and managing scarce resources to tight deadlines.
• Planning process: Strong understanding of the Commercial planning process and the broad principles of a good marketing strategy, and how Communications can underpin how Dyson positions itself to the wider world.
What we can offer you -
· 27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays
· Private medical and dental cover
· Life assurance
· Yearly bonus and pay review
· Pension scheme
· Dyson machine discount
· Free sports centre
· Subsidized cafes