- United Kingdom - London Press Office
Dyson is embarking on the most exciting period in its history: we are launching radically new products, underpinned by fundamentally new technology, conceived in exciting new spaces, such as our growing Malmesbury and Hullavington Campus. Add to that the plan to recruit more than 2,000 engineers, scientists and data experts globally this year alone. Telling our story proactively is more important than ever and we want to do so in new ways, reaching new audiences.
About The Role
We are looking for someone who is excited to tell Dyson’s stories in the digital space: across all our channels including social media, website newsroom and further afield. The ideal candidate is likely to work in digital communications, creative, or media with experience at a senior level. They will have a strong understanding of all digital channels including social media and web platforms.
They will know how to find and tell positive stories proactively, how to bring them to life for different audiences through compelling content including articles, graphics, animations and films and they will know how to make the most of the strengths of different platforms.
The ideal candidate will be able to grasp the breadth and complexity of what our business does, but communicate that simply and effectively in an exciting way, covering the full gamut of our offering – our products, our technologies, our people, places, underpinning it all with our philosophy.
They will have excellent organisational skills, be used to working to tight deadlines and competing priorities. They will have the ability to deal effectively with colleagues across the business at all levels. Most importantly, they will know how to find the stories that set Dyson apart and how to communicate those stories to the world in a way that benefits the business both reputationally and, ultimately, commercially.
- Helping us to shape the best possible strategy for digital communications based on building, enhancing and protecting Dyson’s reputation, especially using social media. Working with other parts of the organisation with responsibilities for social media channels, you will build and protect Dyson’s reputation as a leading global technology company and employer of choice in the UK and globally, primarily in the online and social spheres.
- Responsibility for developing, editing and curating Dyson’s corporate communications and reputation stories on social media and the Dyson Newsroom.
- Discovering the stories that set Dyson apart, whether in our research and development or other parts of our business and Dyson Farming.
- Support in managing the monitoring, analysis and response to social media interactions – including incident and reputation management – and other media coverage related to Dyson in a timely way.
- Assist with a programme of proactive engagement with journalists to ensure consistently high-level coverage – with a focus on quality, rather than quantity.
- Work with the Director of Corporate Affairs and Reputation and other colleagues to identify emerging issues and opportunities facing the organisation and design strategies to manage their impact including crisis management.
- Additional responsibility for mentoring graduates in the Communications team.
Key skills and attributes:
- Outstanding experience in communications – either in-house, in an agency or as a journalist – especially in the use of social media. Ideally, experience working internationally.
- A detailed knowledge of mainstream social media platforms, web management/experience with content management systems and a strong understanding of SEO.
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills.
- Ability to build and effect change – at both a people and process level.
- Demonstrated skill building relationships with media, and in successfully positioning subject matter to achieve impact.
- Experience advising senior executives on how to communicate their vision and narratives in a way that positively impacts reputation.
- Experience in managing a media relations strategy to advance an organisation’s mission and goals.
- Excellent management skills; ability to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organisation.
Proven experience in project management
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance
- On-site gym
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.