- France - Paris Office
Design and develop disruptive technologies to solve problems, here is the Dyson mission. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different and always authentic. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
In this scenario, Dyson France is one of the big EMEA reference markets, scaling up Dyson technologies, especially the beauty ones, as well as corporate awareness to boost Dyson reputation locally. A Senior Comms manager on the ground plays a key role to achieve these goals, being responsible for leading, coordinating and managing a strong Comms strategy to enhance the Dyson brand equity alongside its technology leadership narratives.
About the Role
Reporting into the Head of SEU Comms, the Senior Comms manager will plan and execute a wide variety of internal and external communications activities, working closely with internal department heads and our external PR agency.
Essential roles and responsibilities listed on the Senior Communications Manager resume include: devise, implement and measure innovative campaigns related to Dyson technologies that are constantly evolving, being directly responsible for the beauty products – thereby a beauty comms background is mandatory - while super-vise the Dyson Home and the Wearable (Dyson Zone) categories, managed by the Comms Manager, as direct report. All Comms campaigns should be integrated with marketing and sales objectives to ensure timely and effective follow up to maximise ROI.
Our high-profile reputation helps grow our business by indirectly selling our technology and positions Dyson as a great place to work. We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Senior Communications Manager to develop and execute integrated communications plans that position Dyson as the leader on engineering, innovation technology and education, leveraging on Dyson stories narratives. Working closely with senior stakeholders, deploy our stories strategically through press, online media, social media and internal comms to build and protect our reputation, acting promptly in the event of potential crisis PR situations.
A successful candidate will have excellent ability to build and effect change - at both a people and process level, to demonstrate skill and comfort in building relationships with senior leadership, and in-market teams to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organization in order to bring about change. The role requires an evidence of experience in managing a comprehensive communications program to advance an organization’s mission and goals. This will be an active and challenging role that requires a forward thinking and proactive ability.
For this role, Dyson France is seeking a resourceful, quick-witted storyteller, "out the box thinker", digitally savvy and data driven mindset. The ideal candidate has a proven 7 years Comms experience in the beauty filed and a documented immersion in traditional as well as social media, showing passion for engaging with media and social stakeholders on a daily basis. Highly motivated person, willing always be learning, it’s a crucial component to their work success.
- Deliver local Comms plans for Dyson technology categories goal setting for France > directly in charge of Beauty, supervising Dyson Home and Wearable aligned with local business priorities
- Excellent knowledge of the products and capable of explaining them in-depth as well as the brand story and narratives
- Generating and maintaining excellent influencers/KOLs contacts and media relations (Tier 1), including Consumer Orgs., to run press office across Dyson’s technologies and though leadership campaigns to secure qualitative coverage and reviews
- Be the main point of contact for Beauty category, for both media&influencers, local Ambassador, internal as well as external stakeholders
- Monitoring press stories relating to Dyson and its technologies and maximizing opportunities for positive PR and playing down any negative PR
- People management, inspire and motivate team’s members
- Knowledge and continuous monitoring of main competitors
- Write communications materials (press releases, reactive statement, media brief, speeches, brief, Q&A, statement etc)
- Event planning skills: organize digital/physical events to ensure the Dyson narrative lands successfully internally and externally Identify the right product placement opportunities, following up on content creation and maximizing visibility
- Keep abreast of emerging trends, technologies and influencers
- Accountability and efficiency in Comms budget management and admin
- Accurate data management and reporting of Comms results
- Building strong working relationships with other local departments, Group and other markets Comms team, esp. Italy and Iberia, being part of the SEU cluster, to share priorities, strategy, assets, best practices/learnings
- Be an active member of the local Leadership team
- Preparing presentations and internal memos to ensure that internal stakeholders are constantly updated about Comms plans and results
- Around 7 years of experience in PR agencies or Communication Department
- beauty background is mandatory
- Either a degree, relevant college qualification or suitable work experience
- Excellent knowledge and network with Beauty, lifestyle, consumer Tech and corporate media and influencers
- Excellent proven verbal and written skills, with the ability to produce high quality and engaging written materials
- Strategic thinking and business acumen
- Digital savvy, ability to use social media channels
- Be able to come up with new ideas and inventive ways to promote Dyson
- Embrace change to stay ahead in the market
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Outstanding project management skills
- Fully competent in all Microsoft office packages
- Professional uses of English
- Strong team player, energetic, engaging and positive approach
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, with networking aptitude
- Ability to prioritise and agile
- Analytical and focused on self-improvements
- Ability to receive feedback positively and act upon it
- Creative and persuasive
- Accuracy and keen eye for detail
- Accountable and tenacious in delivering their best to get the right result in the right way
- Discretionary bonus
- Health insurance (mandatory)
- 25 days holiday + 12 days RTT
- Lunch voucher (9€ per day)
- Free coffee and tea + free fruits
- Discounted Dyson machines According to policy
- Public Transport subsidy 50%
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.