- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
About the Role
You will be a part of the Global Compliance and Approvals (C&A) team. As a team, we remove barriers to accessing markets, ensuring Dyson products are compliant with all global regulatory standards and requirements. Including but not limited to:
- Radio Frequency
- Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Energy Efficiency
- Banned and Restricted Substances
Within C&A you will work in the Radio Compliance & Approvals team to support RF compliance activities including working with engineering project teams, preparing and testing product samples, collating technical documentation packages for submission to 3rd party organisations such as external accredited certification facilities and regulatory authorities.
- Contribute to obtaining, evaluating and maintaining regulatory knowledge applicable to Dyson products and target markets
- Contribute to verifying product requirement information and managing requirements of own projects using the methods agreed within the team
- Provide such information in a timely manner and agreed format within C&A and to other groups, such as engineering project teams, for the purpose of sample and documentation preparation
- Have a sound understanding of wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and RFID etc. and how to determine applicable standards and regulations
- Provide internal engineering and project with guidance and support relating to RF requirements such as test sample configuration, software requirements, 5GHz Wi-Fi channel planning
- Identify areas for improvement in the project delivery activities, propose possible solutions and present their concepts to senior members of the team
- Own/contribute to team/department level initiatives & change projects
- Knowledge of and sound understanding of compliance and technical standards principles. An understanding of modular approval options would be an advantage.
- Understanding of the global compliance and approvals requirements related to RF products, for example the European Radio Equipment Directive and USA FCC regulations. Knowledge of additional global markets would be beneficial.
- Be able to determine the applicable standards and regulation specific to key wireless technologies (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, RFID, etc.), Dyson products and markets.
- Relevant experience of general R&D product development would be an advantage
- Ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate with work of others
- Good problem solving, analytical and communication skills
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.