- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Robotics, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson began 30 years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
About the role
You'll be an experienced computer vision engineer
with decent software coding knowledge. Working in an agile cross-functional
team, you will contribute to the development of complex features to ensure
Dyson continues to create innovative products that will delight our customers.
You'll collaborate with architects, software engineers, machine learning engineers, and platform engineers to help solve the wide and exciting range of edge devices’ challenges posed by the ever expanding Dyson product portfolio.
You'll have a desire to explore and share ideas and techniques across different technical domains and will ideally have expert knowledge of algorithm development for complex, sophisticated systems including deep learning IPU, image pre-processing, embedded software, camera/sensor components with a focus on computer vision.
- Ability to generate novel and robust image processing and computer vision algorithms and solutions.
- Work closely with software architects and engineers to implement and verify various sensor-based products to production quality with a focus on the underlying algorithms.
- Identify key enabler and risk areas of proposed algorithmic solutions.
- Work with the architecture team and product management to identify the feature development roadmap.
- Develop prototype demonstrators utilising rapid prototyping techniques for quick evaluation.
- Manage the entire life cycle of multiple related complex modules and systems, including feature discussion, algorithmic analysis, documentation, design, coding, testing, maintenance, and result tracking
- Involve in continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) infrastructure/environment setup
- Good product sense and keen focus on product performance.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution
- In-depth participation in feature design discussions will be required.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or robotics engineering related fieldswith strong quantitative background.
- Strong knowledge in image processing, image classification, segmentation and feature extraction.
- Industry experience in building innovative end-to-end machine learning systems
- 3+ years of experience in computer vision application software development.
- Strong skills in recent machine learning algorithms, especially deep learning and convolutional neural network
- Experience in developing, implementing and deploying image processing algorithms to ISPs, CMOS image sensors, or edge devices is a plus.
- Familiar with at least one of the deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow / PyTorch / MXNet.
- Strong mathematical modelling and analytical skills in MATLAB or Python.
- Proficient in machine learning libraries, such as OpenCV, dlib, scikit-learn, numpy or scipy, etc.
- Familiar with in multithreading programming and synchronisation mechanisms.
- Good command of object oriented programming coding abilitycapability, including speed and overall quality; specifically, must be able to write high performance product quality codes with C++ and Python.
- Comfortable and familiar with embedded system development under Linux environment for machine learning model deployment and performance tuning.
- Solid understanding of machine learning fundamentals, such as data visualisation, data cleaning, SVM, deep learning deployment etc.
- Experience in AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure cloud service is a plus
- The ability to learn continuously and improve oneself.
- Experience in Agile practices is a plus.
- Expertise and experience in embedded system development, including protocol, architecture, behaviours, security, etc., is a plus.
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills; ability to communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Optimism and an excitement about collaborating with teammates and interdisciplinary teams, and technically support development.
- For a highly experienced candidate, we expect excellent technical guidance skills and the ability to influence the work of others. Experience in over-sighting high complexity software development projects is an advantage
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results to ensure that the whole team succeeds in its goals.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.