The Creative team in GCN CoE is Great China’s own internal creative team, whose work is mainly focused on digital & e-commerce related design, with additional film, print, OOH, PR & social contents. Currently it is composed with Creative Head, Creative Project Managers, Film Creatives, Designers and Copywriters. It is a creative outpost of Dyson Group creative team, dedicates to China specific communication needs, whilst reporting back to Group through Creative Head to ensure maintenance of brand integrity and tone and manner are correctly implemented in the market.
GCN CoE is working closely with Group digital team as well as China brand and digital marketing team and local trans-creation/design agencies.
About the role
* Provide subject matter expertise and act as a go-to figure for copy.
* Help define and plan copy strategy and creative direction with Line manager
* Present work to brief owners and senior stakeholders - articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments.
* Interrogate creative briefs for the products and technologies you’re writing about.
* Collaborate closely with your colleagues in other teams and work across a range of media to create seamless campaigns.
* Build a thorough understanding of the Dyson story - our heritage, our philosophy, how we talk about ourselves.
* Contribute to the overall Dyson tone of voice, writing copy based in fact, scientific principles and clear consumer benefits - not marketing jargon or spin.
* Take responsibility for the basics - grammar, spellchecking and proofing work prior to production.
* Share your knowledge within the Copy team and the wider business, to constantly improve copy at Dyson.
* Supervising local trans-creation/design agencies especially on key product claims/campaign messages/headlines.
* Copywriting input for creative wherever possible required - including film, print, OOH, retail POS, social post, H5, events and PR collateral.
* Always maintain creative output standard of Dyson.
* Demonstrable experience of writing and creating content for a brand - especially but not limited to digital/social.
* Strong understanding of creative design principles and processes, and what makes good content perform.
* Experience working on China market digital social media and e-commerce platforms; Wechat, TaoBao, JD.com, etc.
* Experience working on campaigns which include various outputs: film, print, OOH, retail POS, social post, H5, etc.
* Excellent understanding of advertising principles and processes.
* Experience in developing localised versions of globally created brand assets - capacity to effectively transcreate whilst maintaining the integrity and intent of the original concept.
* At least 8-year experience in intense advertising or digital agencies.
Essential Skills / competencies:
* An inherent skill for storytelling and understanding of narrative structure as a means to engage and absorb people on a human level.
* Excellent copywriting, editing, and literacy skills, including spelling and grammar, with an obsessive eye for detail.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and knowledge of Adobe and web software.
* Ability to quickly develop an understanding of Dyson, its engineering ethos and visual identity and to judge what makes good Dyson communication.
* Ability to question a brief and highlight key creative challenges or opportunities.
* Ability to work on multi-tasks, remain calm under pressure, solve problems efficiently, and meet tight deadlines.
* Ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
* Confident and articulate, you’ll be no stranger to presenting your work with passion and enthusiasm, supporting your thinking both with clear rationale and creative expression.
* Keeps up to date with the latest trends and benchmarking across social, digital and advertising.
* Proficient English and Mandarin written and spoken language skills.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us