- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
The goal of our Copy team is to deliver the Dyson technologies and brand in a dynamic and consistent way across all our global channels. From launching new technology to delivering tactical campaigns, we create memorable integrated experiences, to captivate and inform both new and existing consumers. We aim to stimulate positive actions from our audiences, whether that’s researching our technology, buying a machine, engaging with our social channels, or helping troubleshoot an issue.
- We do not offer hybrid/remote working for this position
- We ask that you provide evidence of your work with your application (e.g., website or portfolio)
About the role
As a Senior Copywriter, reporting into the Head of Copy, you’ll be responsible for writing at a senior level across different categories and multiple platforms. You’ll be a creative thinker, a confident presenter, and pragmatic at bringing campaigns to life.
To succeed in the role, you’ll need to build a thorough understanding of the Dyson story – our heritage, our philosophy, how we talk about ourselves. You’ll take creative briefs for the products and technologies you’re writing about and plan how to execute them. You’ll collaborate closely with your colleagues in other teams and work across a range of media. You’ll contribute to the overall Dyson tone of voice, writing copy based in fact, scientific principles, and clear consumer benefits – not marketing jargon or spin. And you’ll take responsibility for the basics – grammar, spellchecking and proofing work prior to production.
We want you to provide subject matter expertise, sharing your knowledge with the Copy team, constantly improving copy at Dyson. You’ll present your work to brief owners and senior stakeholders – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments. And where required, we’ll ask you to line manage one or more reports.
- A senior writer wanting to move into a dynamic, fast-paced role with a leading technology company, or a middleweight writer looking to make the next step into a senior position
- 4+ years of experience in a reputable creative agency, in-house team, or freelancing, preferably with experience of writing technology copy and working on integrated campaigns
- A skill for storytelling and understanding of narrative structure, to engage and absorb people on a human level
- Excellent copywriting, editing, and literacy skills, including spelling and grammar, with an obsessive eye for detail
- Able to quickly develop an understanding of Dyson, its engineering ethos and visual identity and to judge what makes good Dyson communication. Able to question a brief and highlight key creative challenges or opportunities
- Confident and articulate, you’ll be able to present your work with passion and enthusiasm, supporting your thinking with both clear rationale and creative expression
- A strong understanding of SEO, performance and analytical tools, design principles and processes, and what makes good content perform
- Leadership and mentoring experience, or line management, is highly desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and knowledge of Adobe and web software
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.