- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
We’re looking for a Senior App Copywriter to work as part of our Connected Home team. Reporting to the Head of Copy, you’ll be responsible for writing copy for our app, across all Dyson categories.
You’ll be a creative thinker, yet also pragmatic at bringing our machines to life in a world-leading app format. You may be a senior writer wanting to move into a dynamic, fast-paced role with a leading technology company, or a middleweight writer looking to make the next step into a senior position.
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: we solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention.
Communicating our products’ superiority with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, protecting identity, and building our hard-earned reputation. And every contact with our owners contributes to the Dyson Experience, so each must reflect our values and philosophy.
The goal of the Copy team is to deliver the Dyson technologies and brand in a dynamic and consistent way across all our channels globally. From launching new technology to delivering tactical campaigns, we create memorable integrated experiences, to captivate and inform both new and existing consumers. We aim to stimulate positive actions from our audiences, whether that’s researching our technology, buying a machine, engaging with our social channels, or helping troubleshoot an issue.
About the Role
- Interrogate creative briefs for the products and technologies you’re writing about.
- Work closely with the Copy team, especially the technical copywriter, on app copy for historical and future machines.
- Collaborate with other teams to create seamless experiences.
- Present work to brief owners and senior stakeholders – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments.
- Provide subject matter expertise and act as a go-to figure for the Copy team.
- Help define and plan copy strategy and creative direction with the Head of Copy.
- Build a thorough understanding of the Dyson story – our heritage, our philosophy, how we talk about ourselves.
- Contribute to the overall Dyson tone of voice, writing copy based in fact, scientific principles and clear consumer benefits – not marketing jargon or spin.
- Take responsibility for the basics – grammar, spellchecking and proofing work prior to production.
- Share your knowledge within the Copy team and the wider business, to constantly improve copy at Dyson.
- 5+ years of experience in a reputable creative agency, in-house team or with a proven track record as a freelance writer.
- Previous experience of writing app copy, ideally about technology and with some knowledge of AR.
- An inherent skill for storytelling and understanding of narrative structure as a means to engage and absorb people on a human level, within the confines of an app.
- Ability to question a brief and highlight key creative challenges or opportunities.
- Excellent copywriting, editing, and literacy skills, including spelling and grammar, with an obsessive eye for detail.
- Strong understanding of creative design principles and processes, and what makes good content perform.
- Knowledge of SEO and understanding of performance and analytical tools.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and knowledge of Adobe and web software.
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of Dyson, its engineering ethos and visual identity and to judge what makes good Dyson communication.
- Confident and articulate, you’ll be no stranger to presenting your work with passion and enthusiasm, supporting your thinking both with clear rationale and creative expression.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.