- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. Better experiences.
We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore. Engineering exciting new technologies which defy convention and pioneer radical re-inventions that work.
We have ambitious plans to continue growing our Direct global business. The impact of the recent changes in the world have propelled the opportunity for digital, opening up a host of new avenues and technologies to explore. As part of the Global Commercial team, the Digital Experience Design team is responsible for designing the journey’s that bring our technology and products to life. Creating the best possible experiences at every point in the journey. Delivering the same attention to detail to each interaction as we do in the engineering of our machines. Our focus is on joining the dots across the multiple channels, using our expertise and driving innovation, all to design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition.
You’ll have an aptitude for creating visually stunning, user-friendly, accessible designs, working closely with the talented multidisciplinary team, Digital Demand team within the Commercial Centre Of Excellence (‘CoE’) and reporting to the Lead UI / UX Designer in the team. You’ll be passionate about applying current UX principles to insight-driven, user-centered designs across the full spectrum of Dyson’s digital ecosystem, for users crossing cultures, languages and demographics.
The Digital team in the CoE is a Dyson team responsible for crafting the strategic solution to deliver the end-to-end experience across the key markets of Southeast Asia, Japan, Korea, India and Australia.
You are a digital obsessive with your finger on the pulse of the forever-changing digital world, keeping abreast of the latest industry thinking and trends, customer experiences and advancements. Always learning and always interested in developing new skills that make you a better designer and communicator.
You’ll know the best way to tackle complex challenges and understand the various components that make up the design and development process. Bringing this knowledge to bear by looking for opportunities to expand our digital output recognizing that it’s not always all about making innovative changes - small optimisations can also have a big impact.
- Representing UX in APAC markets and working collaboratively with teams across Dyson organization.
- Work to see how UX can support delivery of their goals, and improve the customer experience for all Dyson direct APAC websites and marketplaces in the APAC region.
- Create clean, intuitive, and user-friendly user interface from user research insights, data insight and product requirement. Understanding the data-driven research used to define the intelligent and relevant designs across our multiple categories
- Ensuring all designs work responsively and according to our Dyson Design guidelines, to keep a consistent experience across multiple touchpoints.
- Communicating design decisions and trade-offs to stakeholders verbally and visually. Confident in presenting and explaining creative ideas to stakeholders and colleagues.
- Comfortable in steering a project from initial concept through to delivery, focusing on the experience and interactions we create through beautiful design and intuitive usability.
- Work collaboratively with the site merchandisers and third-party developers to produce finished deliverables. Ensure the deliverables are in the high level of quality assurance.
- A champion of best practice, UX principles and advancing our core Dyson Values.
- Building clear guidance and guidelines for perfect performance of our e-commerce platforms
- Actively advancing the development of the team; managing, coaching, and providing direction to junior and middleweight designers.
- Five or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, and user flow
- Experience in conducting UX research and applying the insights to inform design decisions
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma. Axure, Invision would be good to have.
- Experience in responsive design for multiple devices (mobile first)
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Open to receiving objective criticism and improving based upon it
- Experience in coaching a junior designer or graduate
Our culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed, and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and our pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.