- Japan - Tokyo Office
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve peoples’ lives; whether that be by engineering high performance technology to keep their floors and air clean – to patented beauty innovation to style their hair.
Dyson has a long history of innovation in Japan, from James Dyson’s first commercial vacuum cleaner (G-Force) to the latest Dyson V12 Detect Slim vacuum. Dyson leads the Japanese stick vacuum market – and has built a portfolio of innovation; from air care to hair care. Japan is one of Dyson’s most successful global markets with ambitious growth plans, and the Brand Team plays a critical role in bringing continual success to the business.
Dyson Creative Team; Japan
The Creative Hub is Japan’s own internal creative team – a mini inhouse agency that allows us to create quality materials in timely manner.
It creates many of the marketing and advertising assets which brings Dyson products to life – from new product launches, local campaigns, sales promotions, events, exhibitions, retail fixtures, online/digital materials and contents for social platform.
About the role
Creative development and production of projects that cover all the consumer shopper journey including print, on-line/digital assets and movie contents, to the specification and timescales defined.
The role of the Senior Creative within the team is to offer a high level of input to projects, based on experience and knowledge gained through the graphics advertising and online design industries.
1. Overall Aim
Understanding Dyson’s strategy and tactical direction for the Japanese market: Absorb Dyson communications strategies from key marketing stakeholders.
- Creative Brief development: Work with the Creative Lead, Japan Marketing team and other brief owners to scope and develop creative briefs for the projects.
- Brief creation: When a brief has been approved, meet with the brief owner to discuss and agree the scope, shape and define the brief.
- Creative progress: Ensure the concepts and designs measure up to Dyson standards and brief owner’s needs. Answer the brief by interrogating the solutions presented. Take lead of the projects and give directions to external production partners.
- Channel integration: Appreciate each type of media and what they can bring to the overall campaign and ensure that the work is integrated (either creatively or if not certainly strategically) across all the media channels.
- Prepare presentation deck for the project and convince every stakeholder that creative message/solution in each funnel is appropriate.
- 2. Dyson Identity Control and Management
- The Dyson identity is an important part of this role and therefore the role demands a clear understanding of the Dyson creative principles. Ensuring the work produced is up to Dyson standard and to the Charter guidelines.
- Understand the principles: Understand the core Dyson values, the tone and its shifts in global markets and relevancy to Japanese market.
- Review graphic communication to ensure it defines the Dyson principles. Use the principles to create better solutions, not restrict solutions.
3. Creative fulfillment:
- Use creative skills and knowledge to deliver creative solutions that answer the business objective. Take creative lead on campaign briefs when required. Investigating creative ideas and developing the concepts into working solutions. Develop working solutions to meet strategic marketing objectives.
- Ensure the creative solutions are visually/typographically refined and up to Dyson standard.
- Refine the design by taking the concept to the next level of creative, from rough solutions to refined design.
- Support the team in delivering work for a broad range of items including films, in-store POS, retail fixtures, PR items, landing pages, digital banners and social contents through strong working relationships with all functions.
- Complete work within the timescales agreed and adhere to the schedules developed for production.
- Take responsibility for mechanicals and signing off files for quality and accuracy of assets produced.
- Written and verbal Japanese communication skills
- Ability to work within guidelines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Comprehensive skills in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- Print and Pre-press knowledge
- Proven track record of commercial design, artwork creation and print production
- Experience of designing for online landing page and digital banners – both PC and smart phone
- Written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience of working on multi-lingual projects and localization projects.
- Knowledge of Asset management systems and pdf workflows
- Print ready file checking artwork separations, Preflight
- Technical knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, Movable Type, Word Press
- Project management skills – Take a brief and drive this through
- IT Systems knowledge
- Experience of motion graphics/movies and related applications (After effects, Final cut, etc.)
Example of Future career opportunities
- Creative lead for category (Floor Care, Environmental Control, Personal Care)
- Creative lead for channel (Digital, film, 2D graphic etc.)
Whether you are interested in building your creative skills for broad range of creative territories, or you want to build specialized creative skills such as digital and social platforms – Dyson Japan supports your career development opportunities. Our range of in-house skills means that we can coach, mentor and guide career plans. If you enjoy solving problems and have a passion for innovation – Dyson is the place for you.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.