- Data Analysis
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
We start with an engineering mindset and different thinking, then continuously refine our ideas, unwilling to compromise until we’ve found a better way.
Our scale and rapid growth make Dyson rich in new opportunities. Our people are trusted with real work and responsibility from the outset. You’ll develop fast, and have the chance to move into different business areas and regions.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas - unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
As a global technology enterprise, we recognise that our actions have far-reaching consequences. We have a responsibility to proactively behave in a sustainable way. At Dyson we strive to make a positive difference. We are rising to the challenge of creating disruptive technology in a socially responsible way. We apply the same principles of innovation, collaboration and resourcefulness that our engineers use for product design to ensure we maintain a sustainable business. The challenge is great and are our aspirations are large. Together we are working to solve important problems, such as reduce our environmental footprint, contributing to the communities we operate in and ensuring our supply chain meets our high standards.
It started with the vacuum bag - or, more specifically eliminating it. Now, we’re constantly looking at ways to do more, with less.
About the role
The Senior Sustainability Data Manager will define analytics requirements to address sustainability challenges and objectives. The Senior Sustainability Data Manager will partner with the Global Data Function and build relationships across business functions and markets - ensuring effective collaborative alignment and action. They will ensure that sustainability priorities are known and understood and be responsible for ensuring that activities deliver against them.
The role will report to the Head of Sustainability - Environmental Impact as part of the global Dyson Sustainability team, supporting Dyson on a best in class journey towards environmental and social stewardship and sustainability and will be responsible for;
- Defining Sustainability insights that will drive change and deliver value
- Defining the analytic product vision for Sustainability, with articulated use cases and requirements
- Partnering with the Global Data Function (GDF) product manager to deliver the core data product in an agile manner
- Ensuring alignment with Sustainability and Dyson strategic objectives and compliance standards
- Working with Data Governance to ensure compliance processes are followed
- Creating the ongoing product roadmap and managing delivery prioritisation to maximise impact
- Defining metrics business logic and achieving consensus where necessary with stakeholders
- Steering and approving wireframe visuals and prioritising refinement requests
- Defining performance requirements for the data product in collaboration with the GDF data product manager
- Keeping abreast of Jurisdiction level legislation to maintain a future fit model
- Measuring the value of the Sustainability analytics product use, both from a compliance risk perspective and in the sustainability initiatives that are informed and defined by the insights provided
- Contributing to Global Analytics forums and representing the needs of the Sustainability function
- Experience in defining analytics and KPI requirements ideally with a legislative or sustainability focus
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills - with colleagues from a variety of technical and non-technical disciplines
- Aptitude for project planning and execution, from initiation to completion
- A passion for and experience of sustainability and strategic approaches
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including with Executive team members
- Comfortable with, and resilience to, a high change environment
- Excellent personal organisation, with proven ability to elicit requirements, generate a plan, and execute against it
- Significant experience leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver challenging project outcomes to ambitious timescales
- Demonstrable applied knowledge of multiple aspects within data & analytics
- Outstanding commercial awareness and advanced knowledge of the typical business functions within a large organisation - what their respective roles are, and how they relate
- Good working knowledge of data platforms, analytical tools and approaches
- Understanding of Sustainability data sets, and developing science-based targets
- Knowledge of sustainability requirements; local legislation, standards and international best practice
- A Bachelor, advanced degree or equivalent experience is preferred, but a passion for driving change through insights and data is essential
- While competency with analytics tools is not required, a demonstrable interest in and/or experience with data visualisation tools is a plus (e.g. Tableau, Looker PowerBi)
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.