- Data Science and Engineering
- India - Bangalore IT Capability Centre
Senior Data Platform Engineer
At Dyson, our dedication to data and analytics excellence is powered by a diverse and collaborative global community, with the Dyson Data Platform team at its core. Our significant investment in cloud technologies and tools has established the team as integral to achieving Dyson's strategic objectives.
The Dyson Data Platform team, tasked with managing the data platform and its integrations, enables our development and analytics teams to provide continuous innovation and capabilities for our customers, partners, and employees. This multi-disciplinary, global team offers platform architecture, engineering, management, DataOps, governance, and advanced analytics expertise, contributing to all facets of Dyson’s business worldwide.
About the role
The Senior Data Platform Engineer will play a crucial role in:
- Developing and tuning Data Pipelines, workflows, and data structures in Cloud Environments (like GCP, AWS).
- Adapting to changing requirements and working with a variety of technologies as needed.
- Contributing to a Backend/Distributed Data Systems team with a strong hands-on approach.
- Assisting in building, implementing, and supporting the data infrastructure in the Cloud.
- Supporting the prioritization of Data Platform projects according to business needs and developing high-quality data products using industry best practices.
- Collaborating with a team of Data Platform engineers to deliver top-notch solutions.
- Participating in deployment and testing activities with an engineering and automation mindset, including CI/CD and DataOps practices.
- Assisting in reviewing technical designs and providing constructive feedback.
- Designing and building data solutions for analytics in GCP/AWS.
- Assisting in migrating existing data pipelines into the Data platform.
- Upholding data quality and reliability through meticulous coding.
- Enhancing data lineage and governance practices.
- Promoting standards and best practices for operational excellence within the global Data Platform engineering team.
- Writing clean, maintainable code that adheres to best practices.
- Proficient in Source control management tools like GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket.
- Skilled in infrastructure as code with Terragrunt, and ELT processes using Apache Beam and Python.
- Experienced in orchestration with tools like Airflow.
- Proficient in scripting languages and RDBMS (Oracle/MySQL), with knowledge of Message queues.
- Practical understanding of Cloud Concepts with hands-on experience in Public Cloud Providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing GCP/AWS/Azure environments.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing cloud solutions on GCP/AWS/Azure platforms.
- Technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure, including cloud security, cloud formation templates, and cost optimization.
- Familiar with IT service delivery principles and best practices across IT infrastructure domains.
- Understanding of compliance & security standards in enterprise IT.
- Experience with DevOps tools in a cloud environment, such as Ansible, Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- Hands-on experience with cloud services like Google BigQuery, AWS Redshift, Azure Blob Storage, Google Cloud Functions, S3 Buckets, and related technologies.
Join us at Dyson, where you'll contribute to innovative solutions that make an impact. If you're ready to take on this challenge and grow with our team, apply now to become our new Senior Data Platform Engineer.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.