- Data Science and Engineering
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help expand a highly motivated data science team, in the heart of Dyson’s Design & Product Experience department. Data Science is responsible for identifying opportunities to enhance the product experience with data and is working in close collaboration with machine learning research team and data engineering teams.
The successful candidate will be working on a range of projects from insight generation informing product design/strategy to identification and prototyping of data led product features. With access to a unique global IoT dataset, this is an opportunity to use and develop leading data techniques/tools in a truly innovative environment.
About the role
- Research, define, and develop data science products that enhance the product experience; partner effectively with software engineers, designers, and POs to explore, iterate and refine.
- Interrogate large IoT dataset to gain insight into product usage that help inform future product specifications, strategy and decision making.
- Generate new methods/metrics to measure performance of our machines/interfaces/data products and validate the metrics long term efficacy over time.
- Work closely with Data Engineers & Machine Learning Engineers to take data projects to production, monitor model performance and build roadmap on continuous improvement.
- Create interactive visualisation tools (such as Dash/Shiny) that enable effective communication with design & engineering teams.
- Regularly present technical & project status updates to senior stakeholders and wider project teams.
- Self-starting, thirsty for knowledge and motivated to solve hard problems as part of a team. Always looking for better ways to do things, self-improve and help those around them.
- Deep understanding of statistics and experience working with real world data, as well as a strong business sense.
- Expert level of mastery with Python/R and Comfortable navigating large datasets (advanced SQL)
- Strong understanding of data science methodologies, tools and workflow patterns. Ability to build experiments to the appropriate resolution for the problem.
- Experience visualizing data and building dashboards to communicate with a key project stakeholders.
- Experience with air quality/environmental science would be beneficial.
- BSc or equivalent in statistics, applied mathematical, engineering or relevant scientific discipline. Need to be highly numerate with strong problem solving skills.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.