- Planning and Retail Operations
- Japan - Tokyo Office
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve peoples’ lives; whether that be by engineering high performance technology to keep their floors and air clean – to patented beauty innovation to style their hair.
Dyson has a long history of innovation in Japan, from James Dyson’s first commercial vacuum cleaner (G-Force) to the latest Dyson Zone: the Headphone with Air-purification.
Japan is one of Dyson’s most successful global markets with ambitious growth plans. In the coming years Dyson Japan is set to significantly increase the direct-to-consumer business both physical and digital. Despite significant growth we are still entrepreneurial at heart and are all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do.
About the role
The Senior Market Demand Planning Manager will be key, as the unbiased function, to lead the multi-functional team efforts in accurately forecasting the true demand.
This role will be bringing the outside in, ensuring high quality and accuracy in Dyson’s planning efforts, feeding accurate by SKU forecast to the Supply team so they can provide the right level of service and inventory to deliver the business.
- Develop and coordinate demand planning and budgeting processes used within the organization (lead the local S&OP process)
- Build the unbiased bottom-up demand forecast based on the validated assumptions collected during the monthly forecasting process together with the multi-functional team, focusing on the mid/long-term rather than the short-term
- Able to deep dive into Sales planning, Financial planning, new launch planning to be able to understand and provide an unbiased reasonability check to each plans.
- Responsible of forecast accuracy overall, root cause analysis and action planning
- Closely work with the Supply Chain Managers by focusing on giving them the right input (by SKU/CRG sell-in forecast) to deliver the needed levels of service and inventory
- Proactively monitor and strives to maintain high levels of quality and accuracy in the demand forecast, as well as process consistency end to end
- Proactively identify opportunities for demand planning process improvement. Overall lead a culture of meaningful planning via continuous improvement.
- Coordinate efforts to achieve our targets (volume and value), timely identify gaps vs. target if any and ensure proper allocation of resources to maximize profit
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of demand planning reports and other intelligence essential to the Global Revenue and Supply Chain organizations. Recommends revisions to existing reports or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed
- Implements enabling technologies and/or support deployment of global solutions in the region
About You (Skills & Experiences)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Overall 10 years of experiences in Sales & Demand planning
- 5 years of experience in demand planning, supply chain management
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and strategic thinking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other data analysis tools
- Familiarity with forecasting system
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.