- Mechanical Engineering
- Singapore - Singapore
About the role
- Responsible for delivering projects within discipline as a key contributor of a team, covering Requirements, Specifications, Risks and Issues.
- Be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and systems from concept and proof of principle through to developed prototypes and production.
- Develop 3D CAD, engineering drawings and tolerance stacks for mechanical and electrical components and assemblies along with test rigs and assembly jigs.
- Deliver designs, concepts and detailed ideas that are optimised for low cost, high volume manufacturing.
- Understand and apply engineering analysis tools such as FEA and hand calculations to develop concepts and validate designs.
- Work closely with the other engineering disciplines to ensure that the product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met, all within the planned timeline of the project.
- To disseminate the knowledge to develop product solutions and solve engineering problems.
- To work closely with Cross-teams such as procurement, manufacturing, tooling, validation, material, performance, safety and quality.
- To mentor junior/graduate engineers in methodology, standards and best practice.
- To generate input for DFMEA, PFMEA via limit rig testing.
- Design for Manufacturing – such as generate Poka Yoke feature, tolerance stacking.
- To perform part approval process.
- To buy off test rig, production jig setup.
- To report and communicate the design/project status and brief development time plan clearly and effectively to all relevant teams.
- As a Senior Design Engineer in Electrical Integration, you will have accumulated a sound knowledge and extensive working experience in mechanical and electrical integration, including battery pack, power supply, printed circuit board, motor, looming, cable and cordset.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Design Engineer with at least 3 years of experience in electrical integration.
- Consumer product design background will be advantageous.
- Able to do hand sketch and work independently.
- Possess knowledge of injection moulding and metal stamping will be advantage.
- CAD experience (NX, solidwork or autocad).
- Able to travel on short notice if required.
- Good in communication and presentation skill.
- Creative and love to think out of the box.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.