- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
About the role
- Develop 3D CAD, 2D engineering drawings and tolerance stacks for mechanical components and assemblies.
- Apply design and statistical methodology to develop robust designs from early stage to mass production.
- Deliver assemblies to production on time, cost and to specification (functionality, reliability, safety & performance) helping the business accomplish its goals.
- Conduct, review and manage FMEA throughout the product development cycle.
- Regularly participate and contribute in design and technical reviews with Technical Leads and Engineering Managers.
- Plan, prioritize, manage and coordinate across multiple functions (Procurement, Operations, Manufacturing, Tech Dev etc.) to ensure deliverables are met at each milestone.
- Apply root cause analysis methodologies to identify, provide countermeasures and derive implementation plans to ensure risk/issues are fully resolved.
- Plan and organise user studies independently, liaising with internal relevant teams and external market research agencies, manage participants recruitment, discussion guide generation and briefing moderators.
- To mentor junior/graduate engineers in design methodologies, standards and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, science or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience in a consumer product development environment. Specializing in plastic, rubber and metal (Design and manufacturing methodologies).
- Strong knowledge and understanding of a broad range of engineering and technological disciplines such as fluid dynamics, thermals and acoustics will be advantageous.
- Strong practical knowledge in 3D CAD, 2D engineering drawings (Including GD&T) and tolerance stack calculations (Including statistical tolerancing techniques).
- Experience in setting, rationalizing and managing product specifications, requirements and BOM.
- Knowledge in statistics in areas such as DOE, Process capability, Measurement system analysis (MSA) etc. would be advantageous.
- Strong practical knowledge on root cause analysis methodologies such as A3, 8D, fault tree, 5 whys, fishbone diagram etc.
- Experience in DFMEA management throughout the product development cycle (Conducting, Reviewing and Managing).
- Proficient in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Proficient in applying engineering analysis tools such as FEA, CFD and Moldflow to develop concepts and validate designs.
- Understanding of anthropometric and ergonomic knowledge with background in Human Centred Design would be advantageous.
- Practical knowledge in organising and running pilot tests, user trials with good moderation skills would be advantageous.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.