- Design and Development
- Philippines - Alabang Office
Dyson is currently looking for a Senior Software DevOps Engineer for our team based in the Philippines software lab in Alabang.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer in the RDD Software Tools & Process Team, you will be responsible for the definition and development of SW solutions for our tools and services within our CI pipeline. Our SW development environment must be kept up to date with the latest tools and services that support our product delivery & business processes, as well as drive continuous improvement within existing processes and solutions. The successful applicant will work to deliver world class technical solutions within a global team that supports the SW organisation across multiple sites in UK & SEA. You will report to the Tools & Process technical lead, working closely with other members of the immediate team as well as other areas of the Software organisation, IT, training and optimisation teams in the business.
About The Role
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and exploration of solution alternatives.
- Enable the Continuous Delivery Pipeline through appropriate design guidelines and investment advocacy.
- Actively participate in the Continuous Exploration process as part of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, especially with enabler Epics.
- Define subsystems and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to subsystems, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context.
- Work with customers, stakeholders, and suppliers to establish high-level solution intent, and the solution intent information models and documentation requirements.
- Operate within an economic framework when analysing the impact of design decisions.
- Participate in Program Increment (PI) Planning and Pre- and Post-PI Planning, System and Solution Demos.
- Define, explore, and support the implementation of enablers to evolve solution intent, working directly with Agile teams to implement them.
- Investigation, definition and management of tool configurations and integrations.
- Develop scripts to automate management of the tool/system and links with other systems.
- Day to day support to RDD Software teams to investigate and resolve support & incident ticket requests.
- 2+ years of Atlassian experience using JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket & Bamboo.
- Developer experience working on Python, Docker & Linux/RHEL
- Working knowledge of MS SQL / PostgreSQL databases, JAVA / Tomcat applications, Ubuntu / Red Hat / CentOS, Open Source Configuration, Python/Bash scripting, Version Control - Git/SVNWorking, Artifactory, Sonarqube.
- Demonstrates Agile/Scrum methodologies & experience of working in Continuous Delivery teams.
- Manage time effectively, meets deadlines, and achieves objectives.
- Good communicator and collaborator, able to share your skills with others.
- Able to demonstrate a passion for technology and an ability to adopt quickly.
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit. It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
All benefits are accessible from day 1
HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
Career development and growth in a global team
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.