- Sydney - Australia
As a company, Dyson is a strong market leader, with cutting edge product innovation across personal care, fans, humidifiers, purifiers and vacuums, Dyson is now expanding out of small domestic appliances and competing within the top 10 leading consumer durable products in Australia (this includes mobile phones), where Dyson is the fastest growing.
About the roleThe Australia and New Zealand Creative Hub is responsible for implementing local and global marketing creative, bringing Dyson product technology to life across Australia and New Zealand markets. As a global organisation, the ANZ Creative Hub team forms part of the Asia Pacific ‘Centre of Excellence’.
The role of Senior Digital Designer is to lead and deliver against briefed objectives. You’ll be responsible for designing and developing all creative work under the direction of the Creative Lead. Projects must be delivered on time whilst maintaining Dyson standards. With this in mind, the role requires a deep understanding of the brand and brand guidelines set in place by the global team, and excellence in execution across all projects.
This role is focused on delivering the digital components of campaigns including the adaptation or creation of assets for social, this can include static and video, HTML 5 display assets, web banners and other work as required. To be successful in the role requires a high level of experience and understanding of graphic design fundamental such as typesetting and layout.
This role will require you to have the ability to lead and participate in stakeholder meetings, effectively communicate and present ideas, influence outcomes and defend design decisions when necessary.
- Adapting global creative to local market
- Hands on design and conceptualising through to final creative (social, video and static, display and web banners)
- Be comfortable leading fast-paced, conversion-driven digital projects
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, designers and at times external vendors to complete projects
- Effectively communicate creative concepts through live or static mock ups
- Ability to lead and participate in stakeholder meeting, effectively presenting and communicating ideas and design decisions
- Deliver projects within agreed time frame
- Work directly with Creative Lead
- Identify emerging trends in digital design that Dyson should be considering for its digital experiences and explore ideas of advancements in technology & design, trends in social and connected products etc.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the brand guidelines and be able to translate this into the day-to-day design work, ensuring excellence in execution.
About youRequired skills:
- Highly creative
- Advanced level of experience designing digital assets (social, display and web banners)
- A high level of understanding of the fundamentals of Graphic design.
- Ability to clearly illustrate, mock up and present concepts and ideas effectively
- Advanced skills in Adobe suite
- Attention to detail is essential to this role.
- Able to work independently
- Able to work under pressure and be flexible
- Work across multiple projects
- Manage your time and projects
- Basic understanding of UX principles
- Ability to prototypes using software Sketch
- HTML 5 and CSS skills, or at a minimum a high level of understanding of HTLM5 animation specific to digital display advertising assets
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic/digital design or industry experience
- Proven experience and knowledge designing marketing assests specific to the digital space
BenefitsAt Dyson ANZ we value you bringing yourself to work. We recognise the importance of your unique contribution and are receptive to hearing ideas that challenge the norm. Innovation is in our DNA and we are excited by adopting new ways to do things better. We deliver an employee experience that matches the quality we give to our customers. A compressed working week, work-life balance that we live and breathe, regular social lunches and off-site gatherings, product discounts, novated leasing, additional paid annual leave and company paid parental leave form just part of the employee experience at Dyson ANZ. #LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.