- Design and Development
- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
From its origins in a small workshop in rural England, Dyson has grown into a technology company with a global footprint. We have offices from Auckland to Zurich, via Singapore, Moscow and Chicago. While engineering remains at our core, our passion for problem solving across different disciplines runs throughout our business. We're a diverse workforce made up of people with different Dyson behaviours.
Our philosophy remains the same as it was 25 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead, we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking.
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. However, most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
This role will be part of the Energy Storage Development (ESD) which is responsible for new battery technology that will deliver significantly better performance than conventional battery cells.
About the role
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Digital Solutions Engineer to join our Digital Twin team in Energy Storage Development. As a key member of the team, you will play a crucial role in advancing digital factory initiatives and contribute to the development of cutting-edge technologies in the field of batteries development. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the early stages of digital factory development.
- Work collaboratively with an extended team on the full-stack development of a data platform for energy storage development, with a strong focus on data traceability.
- Partner with process and manufacturing engineers to understand and own all agreed-upon digital solutions requirements, ensuring seamless integration with manufacturing processes.
- Plan and prioritise various digital solutions, providing regular updates to cross-team stakeholders and adapting to evolving project needs.
- Develop customised front-end application upgrades on in-house data platforms to enhance user experience and functionality.
- Build and maintain an internal knowledge base containing information about developed digital solutions.
- Review and conduct user acceptance tests for solutions developed by the extended team, ensuring high-quality deliverables.
- Develop integrations between in-house data platform and industrial metaverse to enhance connectivity and visualisation in battery laboratories and factory.
- Contribute to the development of augmented reality tools and their integration into the industrial metaverse.
- Degree in related STEM field.
- Proven experience in the development and delivery of digital products.
- Strong familiarity with full stack applications and highly experienced with front-end programming frameworks.
- Able to systematically gather information to solve complex problems across multiple projects and fields.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and initiative to complete projects when encountering obstacles.
- Familiarity with 3D modelling frameworks, AR/VR with building information model
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, and a portfolio of relevant projects.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.