- Design and Development
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
At Dyson, we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We are creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic, but most of all, we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
About the role
The Senior Audio Electronics Engineer is part of the SEA Hardware Electronics. He/she will be working with engineers on multiple R&D projects to develop audio HW solution using a range of electronics audio technologies such as DSP, Audio Amplifier, Wireless Audio SOC etc. The role responsibilities will cover the following areas:
Design, develop and implement audio hardware solution using a range of electronic audio technologies
Ensure design solutions meet product audio specifications such as SNR, frequency response, gain balance, THD, etc
Ensure design solution meets product functional/robustness requirements (performance, reliability, DFM, cost and serviceability, compliance with international regulatory standards e.g. IEC, UL and EMC)
Prototypes and implements new product design including analog and digital hardware and embedded software
Produce detailed engineering materials including block diagram, design schematics, PCB layout, tolerance analysis, design notes, FMEA, failure analysis report and technical review documents.
Conduct electrical audio parameters measurement on the prototypes, including Board level and machine level
Develop audio test methodology and conduct/drive electronics design verification & product validation test in electronics audio aspect
Support reliability and quality engineers in field return analysis, quality, and reliability improvement
Drive suppliers and contract manufacturer’s production process to meets Dyson requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication) or equivalent.
- Minimally 3 years of experience, preferably specializing in consumer audio products design and development of electronics hardware circuits and system
- Design knowledge and experience in audio signal processing, class D/AB audio amplifier design, Bluetooth specification and hardware solutions
- Have understanding on Embedded microcontroller-based platforms, such as 8-bit/16-bit/ARM Cortex microcontrollers
- Working Knowledge of Schematic capture, PCB layout software such as Mentor Graphics
- Experience using simulation tools to support design calculations, tolerance analysis and documentation
- Full PDLC management experience/track record
- Experience is Design QA, DFM, DFX, DFMEA is essential
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and effectively as a team
- Highly motivated person with good communication skills and able to work within a team
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing for all levels of stakeholders
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.