- Design and Development
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
About the role
The Senior Sensor Electronics Engineer is part of the SEA Hardware Electronics team. The candidate will work with engineers and scientists on multiple R&D projects. The role responsibilities will cover the following areas:
- Develop cost-effective sensing technologies to use for a given problem
- Design, build and test sensing systems
- Develop and tune the sensing algorithms to be on par against known reference sensors
- Actively collaborate with other function teams (mechanical, embedded SW, test team, etc) to ensure product and system requirements are fully met
- Taking designs through development and into production
- Supporting the Electronics Group and helping to build their solutions into the product range
- A degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Electronics Engineering, Physics)
- At least 2-3 years of experience working in design, implementation and testing of sensors such as magnetic, pressure sensing, and gas sensors
- Proficiency in at least one of the major schematic capture and layout packages
- Experience with physical characterisation of sensors
- Experience with quantitative and statistical data analysis using Matlab or Python
- Experience with analogue signal conditioning and digital processing design techniques
- Experience using hardware lab equipment.
- Experience with end-of-line calibration equipment and testers
- Good quality engineering process understanding and appreciation
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing to executive level and regular engineers
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.