- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
About The Role
The Senior Electronics Engineer role involves specification, design, and test of the electronic circuits for new and pioneering consumer appliance products within Dyson’s Floorcare category. As a member of the UK Electronics HW Design group based in Malmesbury, England, you will work in multi-disciplinary global project teams to develop and deliver the electronics for new products. You may also work with Dyson’s Research and New Product Innovation teams to investigate and develop novel electronics to support and realise new product ideas.
- Design and develop analogue, digital, and microcontroller-based electronic circuits for new Dyson products.
- Lead the integration of electronics solutions at the system and product levels.
- Perform and participate in design reviews, technical risk analyses, troubleshooting, and investigations to proactively solve complex problems.
- Develop test methodology, and conduct and drive electronics design verification and product validation.
- Produce detailed engineering materials including design schematics, PCB layouts, tolerance analyses, design notes, FMEA, failure analysis reports, and technical review documents.
- Liaise and collaborate with various Dyson engineering teams (Mechanical, Compliance, Reliability, Software, Manufacturing, Test, etc) across the UK and South East Asia to develop new Dyson products through to production.
- Contribute towards electronics development process improvement activities.
- Provide technical coaching and design guidance to Engineers in the team.
As a Senior Electronics Engineer you will have experience in electronics design for commercial products, preferably across the full engineering development lifecycle. You will be capable of working with minimal oversight and assistance from Senior engineering staff to generate high quality design solutions. Preferably you will have some experience of electronics design for consumer products in mass production.
- Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
- Working knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout software such as Mentor Graphics.
- Experience using simulation tools to support design calculations, tolerance analysis, and documentation.
- Experience of electronics design for commercial products.
- Experience in Design QA, DFM, DFX and DFMEA.
- Preferably experience of home appliance safety requirements and regulatory certification at PCBA and product levels, including EMC/ESD.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to independently deliver high quality results within challenging project timelines.
- Highly motivated and self-driven with good communication skills, and team working experience.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.