- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring even more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We are growing fast, and our ambition is boundless – more products, more locations, and more people.
About the role
This role works on specification, design, and test of the electronic circuits for new and pioneering consumer appliance products within Dyson’s Haircare category. As a member of the Research, Design and Development (RDD) Haircare Electronics Team based in Singapore Technology Centre, you will work in multi-disciplinary global project teams to develop and deliver the electronics for Haircare products.
- Design and develop power electronics, analogue/digital, and microcontroller-based electronic circuits for new Dyson Haircare products.
- Lead the integration of electronics solutions at the system and product levels.
- Perform and participate in design reviews, technical risk analyses, troubleshooting, and investigations to proactively solve complex problems.
- Develop test methodology, conduct, and drive electronics design verification and product validation.
- Produce detailed engineering materials including design schematics, PCB layouts, tolerance analyses, design notes, FMEA, failure analysis reports, and technical review documents.
- Liaise and collaborate with various Dyson engineering teams (Mechanical, Compliance, Reliability, Software, Manufacturing, Test, etc) across the UK and South East Asia to develop new Dyson Haircare products through to production.
- Provide technical coaching and design guidance to Engineers in the team.
- Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
- At least minimum 3 years’ experience, preferably in Electronics Hardware Design and Integration.
- Working knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout software such as Mentor Graphics.
- Experience using simulation tools to support design calculations, tolerance analysis, and documentation.
- Experience of electronics design for commercial products.
- Experience in DFM, DFX and DFMEA.
- Preferably experience of home appliance safety requirements and regulatory certification at PCBA and product levels, including EMC/ESD.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to independently deliver high quality results within challenging project timelines.
- Highly motivated and self-driven with good communication skills, and team working experience.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.