- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world-class research, design and development (RDD) department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
About the role
As a member of the UK Electronics HW Design group based in Hullavington, England, you will work in multi-disciplinary global project teams to define, architect and deliver the electronics for new products within existing and new categories.
The Senior Electronics HW Design Engineer role involves specification, design and test of the electronic circuits for new products across all of Dyson’s consumer appliance product categories. You may also support Dyson’s Research and New Product Innovation teams to investigate and develop novel electronics to realise new product ideas.
The role will require a highly motivated, creative, methodical and flexible person, ready to take on challenges with a pragmatic approach. You will be capable of generating high quality design solutions with minimal oversight; documenting and presenting progress to your peers.
- Development of analogue, digital and microcontroller-based electronic circuits for new Dyson products.
- Design for new products across all Dyson product categories.
- Ownership of electronic requirements, circuit design, analysis, reviews, and supervision of verification and validation testing.
- Development of novel technologies and circuit designs for new & existing product streams.
- Ensuring that you and your team meet the industry standards and adhere to Dyson processes.
- Liaising with Dyson engineering teams in the UK and South East Asia to drive products through to production.
- Liaising with suppliers to establish efficient designs.
- Pro-active adoption and championing of high quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework.
As a Senior Engineer you will be an experienced design engineer; self-powered and capable of working unsupervised to generate high quality design solutions. You will have experience of the whole product development lifecycle, from initial concept generation through to mass production and beyond.
- Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
- Experience of electronics through multiple product development cycles.
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory certification at PCB assembly and product level.
- Experience of high density PCB design approach
- Use of electronic design tools such as Mentor, Spice, etc...
- Use of system analysis and design tools such as Enterprise Architect.
- Experience within a highly regulated design environment.
- Experience of advanced motor control
- Experience with high bandwidth interfaces
- Ability to advance Dyson process framework.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits programme with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- On-site gym
- Electrical vehicle lease scheme options
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.