- Science and Research
- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more
locations and more people.
Our innovative team of robotics platform engineers work together in our dedicated robotics design and development facility located in a converted hangar at Hullavington. We work as tight multi-disciplinary sub-teams, pushing new technologies from academia and research into cutting edge features for consumer products. As we expand our team, projects, and technology interests we need new team members to join us!!
The role is senior position in the Robotics Platform Group with accountability for managing our team of hardware, sensors, and embedded software engineers, and leading the definition of new electronics architectures, and solution selection for mobile robotics projects.
About the Role
- You will lead a group of multi-discipline electronics engineers, including:
- Developing the existing team, agreeing objectives, scopes of work, monitoring progress and approving work.
- Leading the definition of optimisations to existing architectures, and co-creation of revolutionary new electronics architectures with our other architects.
- Approving requirements, specifications, and solutions for electronic assemblies / sub-teams.
- Owning the delivery of the technology and resulting product features to agreed requirements.
- Explaining findings, conclusions and recommendations of work done to Directors, Heads of Category, Design Managers and occasionally Sir James Dyson.
- Supporting the implementation of product functional safety concepts and safety related electronic control systems.
- An engineer at heart, with a genuine interest in technology and people.
- A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work.
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- A confident technical and people leader.
- An excellent ability to identify and manage project risk.
- A proven track record of taking complex systems to production.
- A persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature.
- Good organisational skills, and able to handle a broad and complex workload
Your experience includes:
- Product development across the whole lifecycle.
- Leading the definition of hardware architectures for complex / mechatronic systems.
- Leading the development of hardware electronics.
- Experience of identifying & resolving EMC / ESD.
- Experience working with Layout, Signal Integrity, Thermal Modelling teams.
- An understanding of delivering Protective Electronic Controls & Single Fault Analysis (knowledge of IEC 60335-1, IEC 60335-2, UL 1017, UL 2595 desirable).
- An understanding of delivering functional safety products (knowledge of IEC 62061, and IEC 61508 series desirable)
Performance related bonus
Company paid Life Assurance
Discounts on Dyson machines
Competitive pension scheme
Purchase additional holidays
27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
Free on-site hair salon
On-site lifestyle Assist
Electric vehicle scheme
Private Medical insurance for all employees
Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
Digital GP and prescription service
Fertility treatment support
On-site gym and sports centre
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.