- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
This is a unique opportunity to show your strong engineering leadership skills at the organizational level as you work closely with the development and business owners in forming and aligning the architectural vision of our manufacturing testing system.
This role is ideal for a system Engineer who will bring in a strong technical foundation and with great engineering practices, and who is looking for an opportunity to participate more in the end-to-end business decision-making process, with its broader scope and vision.
About the role
You will be tasked to derive the system architectural design for a manufacturing test system intended for engineering and high volume production by technically looking into the system design, platforming strategies and system robustness with high quality specifications and support manufacturing operation in terms of test and measurement system design and integration of production line either in semi-automated or fully automated setup.
- Generate test equipment specification by considering test methods, signal interface requirement and instrumentation integration.
- Collaborate with product design team related to test requirement and specification while liaising with the external test equipment suppliers for system or module level design of a manufacturing test equipment.
- Review supplier technical proposal and optimizing it into full scale for high durability.
- Conduct his duties at concept and detail design of a manufacturing test equipment with clear understanding of system architecture design, block diagram, schematic and overall integration of the final intended manufacturing test system.
- Work on manufacturing test strategy compatible with the needs of the business, and bringing value to the manufacturing process.
- Drive engineering deliverables with great sense of urgency for any productivity issues related to the test and measurement system with the support of the respective functional teams internally and externally.
- Optimise manufacturing cycle time by streamline manufacturing test script and simplicity of test and measurement design.
- Driving continuous improvement plan using statistical tools such as CpK analysis to optimize manufacturing test limits.
- Research and recommend new technologies to improve tester efficiency.
- • Work with project management team to deliver test equipment which for purpose reliably.
- • Work with cross functional RDD, QA, Operation, project management in problem solving related to manufacturing test and measurement system.
- FCT and EOL Test System Commissioning
- Reviews of Factory Acceptance Test/ Site Acceptance Test
- Candidates must possess at a bachelor degree in either Electronics or Mechatronic Engineering with working experience in electronics manufacturing assembly environment (PCBA and Final Product Manufacturing) with great knowledge and understanding of manufacturing test and measurement system.
- Strong knowledge in Electronic PCBA designs
- Able to analyse and review the complexed circuits and schematics
- Fundamental Electronic HW design
- Knowledges in Wireless design and test requirements in Manufacturing is an adventage
- Eg, RF, HTTP, MQTT and etc
- PCB/PCBA design and process
- Proficiency in NI Teststand, Labview and Python programming
- Able to review and optimize the codes with external suppliers
- Able to collaborate with RDD teams develop test tools using the Labview and Python
- Proficiency and deep understanding in production test firmware development for different MCU’s
- Able to review and develop the Production Test Firmware with external and internal suppliers
- Proficiency and knowledge in defining the Production Test Firmware requirements
- Strong knowledge in Product Software design and Process
- With R&D experience/knowledges especially Electronics HW and SW designs
- Strong Knowledge in Test process Design, Development and Implementation of test processes, equipment, jigs and fixtures for manufacturing.
- Possess good knowledge and experience on how various electronics instrumentation operate such as the AC/DC power supplies, electronic load, digital multi-meter, data acquisition system, data input/output interface, wireless routers, IT network infrastructure, imaging test system, high voltage test, barcode readers and network analyzer.
- Basic or advance experience in the development and integration of software drivers and computer hardware interfaces with various electronics instrumentation in order to test and verify product or subassembly unit under test.
- Basic knowledgeable in computer hardware interfaces and internet data protocols system such as TCP/IP used to interconnect networks related products for data download and synchronization of manufacturing processes with the manufacturing execution system (MES).
- Great engineering consciousness on subjects such as design for test (DFT), design for reliability (DFR) and design for manufacturing (DFM) when the test system is under design phase and raise any issue back towards the respective design team(s).
- An excellent communicator, with good command of written & spoken English.
- A team player with a strong level of commitment towards project deliverables with clear indication of risk and mitigation plan.
- Knowledgeable in SPC and Six sigma is highly desirable.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.