- MYR Competitive Remuneration Package
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the role
• Manage new part/assembly/module sourcing activity, including; requirements capture, sourcing and selection, qualification, validation and country compliance.
• Work closely with different RDD engineering teams, to generate the modules outsourcing requirements
• Help lead the outsourcing activity for RDD engineering teams during in the early product design milestone.
• Ensure close and consistent working interaction with procurement team is always maintained
• Work with New Product Development (NPD) teams to ensure the integrity and clarity of engineering drawing requirements, ensuring that all expectations are communicated effectively to supporting suppliers.
• Interact with NPD teams to ensure suppliers are involved in development and review of specifications to promote design for manufacturability.
• Work closely with supplier, electronics engineer and approval team to make sure part/assembly sourced is compliant with required compliance certification.
• Undertake part/assembly failure analysis, promoting cross-functional team approach with electronics engineers
• Work closely with quality and reliability team, to capture quality/reliability issues and generate robust solutions
• Familiarity with electronics component industry and generate good working relationships with part manufacturer representatives.
• Support a number of associated activities as a technical resource or SME, such as:
o Developing the required jig or fixture for part/assembly evaluation test.
o Part/assembly Evaluation ( including stress and robustness testing)
o Supplier audit during supplier qualification
• Responsible for managing part/assembly/module EOL issues.
• Manage alternative part for single source part/assembly/module.
• Understands risks associated with a project; monitors these and suggests mitigation plans
• Act as a role model and provide technical leadership & support
• Ensure the safety and reliability of all Dyson products
• Challenge & develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve technologies/design/product quality
• Ensure accurate data capture of important design decisions, and risks management, to enable efficient design transfer across global teams
• Knowledge and experience in Electronics Engineering, specialising in electronics component industry
• Demonstrable and proven track record of working experience in the related field.
• Strong understanding on various electronics component functions and specifications
• Working Knowledge of electronics solution design and development process.
• Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to balance cost and value with quality and reliability
• Capable to deliver high quality results within tight time deadlines.
• Understanding of Product Life Management (PLM) systems
• Methodical & organised approach with attention to detail & accuracy
• Ability to work independently or as an effective team member
• Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
• Candidates with experience in power electronics design and development (e.g. Power supply unit, charger) are preferred.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.